CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

A/C COMPRESSOR REPLACEMENT QUESTION

First off let me say thanks to all for the help in the past. With that now I have a new issue. I have searched the posts for a nice set of instructions on exactly what is need to remove and install an a/c compressor on my 94 N* but have failed in finding a good set of instructions. I just need something to go by before I jump in with both feet. I have already removed the passenger side front tire, the splash gaurds, and the plastic gaurd underneath to access the compressor. I have disconnected the plug wire to the coil and also located 4 mounting bolts including the 1 that the compressor and the alternator share. It looks like I will need to take off or at least loosen the alt in order to slide the compressor out, is that true? Anyway any help, suggestions, diagrams, ANY info is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks - Shane

P.S. - I SHOULDNT NEED TO VENT THE FREON-A BUSTED SHAFT SEAL AND A MYSTERIOUS LEAK SOMEWHERE ELSE HAS SEEN TO THE EXPULSION OF ANY FREON. AT LEAST I'M PRETTY SURE IT'S ALL GONE.

Archived