CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help with code.

OK I have been having a fault code of PCM P0335. I am going to change both sensors this weekend. Yesterday I was backing out and my car cut off. I got the P0335 code and P1599. What is the P1599 code? Also I have a small leak on my upper oil pan gasket. I was told it will run around $2000 for repairs due to the location. Do you think if I put some RTV around the gasket it would slow it down a little more. The leak isn't bad at all except I can smell it burning from time to time.

....What is the P1599 code?

P1599 - Engine Stall or Near Stall Detected

But you already knew the engine had stalled.

Also I have a small leak on my upper oil pan gasket. I was told it will run around $2000 for repairs due to the location. Do you think if I put some RTV around the gasket it would slow it down a little more. The leak isn't bad at all except I can smell it burning from time to time.

I am willing to put up with a burning smell and a little oil seepage rather than throw $2,000, or even a smear of RTV, at a minor nuisance.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

OK I have been having a fault code of PCM P0335. I am going to change both sensors this weekend. Yesterday I was backing out and my car cut off. I got the P0335 code and P1599. What is the P1599 code? Also I have a small leak on my upper oil pan gasket. I was told it will run around $2000 for repairs due to the location. Do you think if I put some RTV around the gasket it would slow it down a little more. The leak isn't bad at all except I can smell it burning from time to time.

Using RTV around the oil manifold, and oil pan gasket, MAY stop or slow down the seepage. I have done this successfully on one of my STS's.

The key is to get the area absolutely clean and dry.

1. Carefully check, and tighten as required, all of the oil pan bolts; do not over tighten.

2. Raise the car and place on jack stands, high enough to get under the car with ease.

2. I used Westley's Bleche Wite (tire cleaner) for the initial cleaning. Spray liberally, from the underside, onto a warm engine. Be sure spray all of the oil coated areas. Wait a minute or two, and then flush off with a garden hose sprayer. Rinse the off pavement, after the engine is rinsed

3. Allow the area to dry, and then re-clean the area with spray brake cleaner, until there is no oil runoff observed. Allow to dry for about 15 minutes.

4. Carefully apply a coat of RTV (I used a silver color so it wouldn't show up) about 1/8" thick, over all of the seeping area, allowing some overlap to the engine case and oil pan. Be neat and thorough.

5. Do Not run engine for 24 hours. Allow the RTV to fully cure, as it will not stick to an oily surface.

Good luck, George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

Archived