CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DTS questions

caddiman78

I have an 01 Dts. Problem is yesterday a friend of mine slammed the door shut on the passenger side, it sounded like the seat belt was slammed in the door. Rolled the window down with no problem. went to roll the window up and it didnt move. i could lift the glass bye hand and pull it all the way up and down now with no control working only thing that is holding it up is the rubber moulding. I dont know how to open this door panel as i see no screws at all. can anyone help??

....I dont know how to open this door panel as i see no screws at all. can anyone help??
I believe you will find four screws.

One at the bottom rear.

One behind a plastic trim piece behind the door open handle.

Two behind a leather flap (held by Velcro) in the center of the door close pull.

When you remove the dress panel, there is another panel that is held by plastic retainers. Push in the center of the retainers to unlock them.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

....I dont know how to open this door panel as i see no screws at all. can anyone help??
I believe you will find four screws.

One at the bottom rear.

One behind a plastic trim piece behind the door open handle.

Two behind a leather flap (held by Velcro) in the center of the door close pull.

When you remove the dress panel, there is another panel that is held by plastic retainers. Push in the center of the retainers to unlock them.

thanks for the post. however i just looked and there are no screws behind the handle or on the bottom and the middle piece i tried to pull of and pinched the hell out of my finger. thanks for the post though. I am just worried about trying to pry this panel off.

Archived