CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

96 SLS whl sensor prob.

vdwarren

I have 4 people looking at the car this weekend! So hopefully I can sell you those manuals very soon. Cross your fingers for me! That's GREAT (in a weird way) to hear the EBTCM has an internal fault. I mean, at least it is definitively justified that going through all that work to pull the unit was required.

Ya, dealer prices are a joke. 1 small module worth like 30% of the car's value... no thanks! Hope the rebuild cost comes in reasonable. Keep in touch!

-Jacob

I have 4 people looking at the car this weekend! So hopefully I can sell you those manuals very soon. Cross your fingers for me! That's GREAT (in a weird way) to hear the EBTCM has an internal fault. I mean, at least it is definitively justified that going through all that work to pull the unit was required.

Ya, dealer prices are a joke. 1 small module worth like 30% of the car's value... no thanks! Hope the rebuild cost comes in reasonable. Keep in touch!

-Jacob

Fingers are crossed my friend. Hope your looking for anouther Cadillac.

• 2 weeks later...
Auto and truck Electronics will test EBTCM for a fee of $55 which would be credited if you needed it repaired.

They have the modual now, have had it for a week. They said it could not be bench tested until they recieve a component that was bad. So, don't know if that component was the problem or that and some other is the problem.

The checks that we did pointed to the front L.H. whl. speed sensor. But was not the problem. "Code T0027".

A&TE, has been in touch, but have to wait for component. Should be in tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks for your tip on that company.

Archived