CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I need to replace cracked inner plastic fender

I noticed the right rear inner fender of my car was cracked before I bought it. I didn't think it is a big deal but I am going to replace it now, I have to recover after paying 165.00 for a headlight, glad I put it in myself and saved the money I did not have. LOL. I went to the dealer parts dept and the fender picture they had looked bigger than what I think mine is. Does anyone have a parts number for it and how big it should be? It is cracked behing the tire at the back of the wheel well. Silvereagle

Did you buy the headlight assembly over the Internet? I found it for $105.00. As far as the plastic piece inside the wheel housing liner/inner panel, I would try salvage yards--just send out a request and you'll probably find one pretty quickly. Otherwise, have you thought about filling the crack with black exterior adhesive caulk.

Hi Mac, I bought the headlight at the dealer here in town because it was in stock. It could have taken up to 10 days according to one ebay seller, I found them for as low as 78.00 plus 8.00 shipping 86.00 and another for sale for 92.00 shipped. and they sell both lights on ebay for 160 shipped. I priced one inner fender for 40.00 at the dealer but not sure if it was the right piece. thanks for responding. Silvereagle :)

Did you buy the headlight assembly over the Internet? I found it for $105.00. As far as the plastic piece inside the wheel housing liner/inner panel, I would try salvage yards--just send out a request and you'll probably find one pretty quickly. Otherwise, have you thought about filling the crack with black exterior adhesive caulk.

Archived