CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

suspension module

lumleyn

I have a 98 STS with 58,000 miles. I am getting a message on the DIC to "Service Suspension System". The dealer says I need to replace the suspension module - a $1,000 part. Do I really need to replace this part or is this an optional thing? I don't want to waste money, but I don't want to have a problem later because I ignored the warning. Any advice is appreciated!

I have a 98 STS with 58,000 miles. I am getting a message on the DIC to "Service Suspension System". The dealer says I need to replace the suspension module - a $1,000 part. Do I really need to replace this part or is this an optional thing? I don't want to waste money, but I don't want to have a problem later because I ignored the warning. Any advice is appreciated!

sounds complicated . . . . are there some reasons it would need to be replaced and some not?

With the codes we can tell you more.

There is a great amount of technical knowledge around here but they can't tell you a lot without those codes.

Read trough the page on the link provided above and perform the procedure. it might save you some money!

And.. it's absolutely not complicated! i promise...

If you are in complete control..... you are not going fast enough....

Archived