CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

For the non-believers

pos2nat

I decided to change my KRE transmitter, so I purchased one from Ebay at about $30 including shipping. For the hell of it, I checked with a local Baltimore, MD GM dealership for a price on progamming the transmitter. They wanted to charge me $142.95 for a new KRE transmitter and another $45 to program it, they would not program the one I bought from Ebay. I used the programming instructions from Anthony Haukup's site and programmed my transmitter for free, less than five minutes.....thank you Anthony. :rolleyes:

I have a 99 STS and bought two remotes from ebay for under 15bucks delivered but the instructions for programming say I need a Tech II scan tool. The only one I have been able to find on line is on Anthony's site at over $3500! I haven't been able to find anything else related to them anywhere. At that price I figure the remotes will cost me somewhere around $1800 each. (of course I would have a really cool tool too!) Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of money.

Any ideas?

the tech II is the computer they hook up to the car's interface. They are indeed very expensive and dealership equipment, although fun to play with. Try to locate a 99 shop manual or find somebody with one. THere should be instructions on how to do it. I doubt you need the tech II

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

Archived