CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Engine is overheating, leaking coolant.

ley

Hello I have a 94 deville sedan 4.9l.

I got a fairly new radiator put in because it was leaking coolant. Drove the car for a few months, then parked it, and now when I start it up again for the first time in a good while, it leaks the coolant all out.

I thought it would be a hose, but Midas said the coolant was holding up when they put fluid in. I refilled it, then it started overheating again, but this time only an inch was missing. What could the problem be?

Do you know where the coolant is leaking from? There might be your answer.

Assuming your raiator is fine and there is enough coolant in the system, overheating can occur either when there is inadequate air flow through the radiator (fan!) or the flow of the fluid is restricted (thermostat, water pump, clogged/collapsed radiator hose, gunked-up water jacket, etc.). Find the leak and go from there.

Hello I have a 94 deville sedan 4.9l.

I got a fairly new radiator put in because it was leaking coolant. Drove the car for a few months, then parked it, and now when I start it up again for the first time in a good while, it leaks the coolant all out.

I thought it would be a hose, but Midas said the coolant was holding up when they put fluid in. I refilled it, then it started overheating again, but this time only an inch was missing. What could the problem be?

Take your car to a person or garage that you trust and have a pressure test done on the system. This is a very simple and quick test usually. You might find your problem that way.

Archived