CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2001 dDTS codes

flabrake

Need a little help please.

I'm getting 3 sets of codes on my 2001 DTS:

C1224 and 1228 - re. right rear whell speed sensor. Is this easily replacable or is it part of the wheel bearing and hub assy.? I replaced the left front bearing and assy. and that had the speed sensor as part of the assy.

P0151 and 0174 - have been getting the 151 code without the 174 at times. Is replacing the B2S1 sensor first the right way to go? How tough is it to access this sensor? I only have access to a set of ramps. Is bank 2 on the left side of the engine (when looking from the drivers side of the car)?

C0165 and 0120 - Left and Right front sensor malfunction. I keep getting "Service stability system" and "Service suspension System" warnings when I first start to drive. I think that the stability system warning is due to the speed sensor, but I"m not sure. I recently had the front motor mount replaced at my Caddy dealer and that is when this problem started happening. Every time I start and drive the car I get the warning so at least it's consistant. Could the Tech. at the dearlership have done something to have this happen. As I said, it wasn't happening before.

Any thoughts/comments appreciated.

Fran

C1224 and 1228 - re. right rear whell speed sensor. Is this easily replacable or is it part of the wheel bearing and hub assy.? I replaced the left front bearing and assy. and that had the speed sensor as part of the assy.

Same deal on the rear. Just be sure the connector is clean and tight before you replace the assembly. Any brake work done on the rear lately?

P0151 and 0174 - have been getting the 151 code without the 174 at times. Is replacing the B2S1 sensor first the right way to go? How tough is it to access this sensor? I only have access to a set of ramps. Is bank 2 on the left side of the engine (when looking from the drivers side of the car)?
These two codes are consistent with each other. This sensor is in the front bank exhaust manifold and should be accessible from the top.
C0165 and 0120 - Left and Right front sensor malfunction.
Pull those codes again. I suspect you could have incorrect numbers.
I recently had the front motor mount replaced at my Caddy dealer and that is when this problem started happening. Every time I start and drive the car I get the warning so at least it's consistant. Could the Tech. at the dearlership have done something to have this happen. As I said, it wasn't happening before.
Possible. The cradle was probably dropped a little to R&R the mount and who knows which connectors got stressed.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Same deal on the rear. Just be sure the connector is clean and tight before you replace the assembly. Any brake work done on the rear lately?

These two codes are consistent with each other. This sensor is in the front bank exhaust manifold and should be accessible from the top.
C0165 and 0120 - Left and Right front sensor malfunction.
Pull those codes again. I suspect you could have incorrect numbers.
I recently had the front motor mount replaced at my Caddy dealer and that is when this problem started happening. Every time I start and drive the car I get the warning so at least it's consistant. Could the Tech. at the dearlership have done something to have this happen. As I said, it wasn't happening before.
Possible. The cradle was probably dropped a little to R&R the mount and who knows which connectors got stressed.

Thanks fr the info, JimD. Ya, those were the wrong codes and I spotted and added a second post right afterward. Correct codes are 0615 and 0620 and I am going to take a look at the connections before going to far. No brake work back there but am thinking I should take a hard look at the rear brakes and maybe replace them. If I'm pulling the wheel to check out the sensor that might be a good time to do that. When you say front bank I assume you mean the side of the engine closest to the radiator. Will take a look. I'm going back to the dealer today and have them take a look at the front sensors. To have both of them act up at the same time is a very big coincidence and I suspect that they may have been stressed during the R&R process.

Thanks again.

Fran

When the cradle was dropped for the mount R&R, they probably disconnected the rods from both front position sensors. And forgot to reconnect them.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Jim, That's exactly what happened. I took the car to Sear's today to have the tires rotated and they let me take a look while the doing that and sure enough both rods were simly hanging there, connected at the bottom but not at the top. We tried to get them reconnected but they were on the other side of the cv joints and we couldn't get them over to replug them in. Back to the dealership and they can do it. Also took a look at the plug on the right rear wheel speed sensor and one of the prongs was a little greenish - corroded. Scraped at it with my pocket knife and - Voila!!! - no more codes. Need to do brakes all around so when I;\'m in there doing that I'll do a better job on the contacts and put some diaelectric grease in each of the connections.

Thanks for the info.

Fran

Archived