CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

AC Recirc

Scotty

Every once in a while my AC will go into RECIRCULATE on its own. This can sometimes be dangerous as the windshield will immediately fog up. Has anyone seen this? I have tried to turn the recirc off when this happens but it will not turn off. Thanks, Mike

What is the ambient temperature? What are the Climate Control settings? What is the blower speed when recirculate mode engages on its own?

I will keep an eye on that next time. It does not happen too frequently and kind of takes me by surprise when the windows fog up, then I look down and see that RECIRC is LIT..... Thanks, Mike

Recirculation mode will be activated automatically when MAX A/C is needed and that is the only time it will be activated automatically. The vehicle is trying to cool the car down quickly so as to accomplish that, it uses the recirculation mode to keep the hot outside air from entering. As the interior cools and the system goes away from MAX A/C, the recirculation door closes and outside air is let in. Even when the recirc door is open, only about 80% of the air is recirculated, still letting in about 20% outside air. If you want to deactivate the recirc mode, adjust the temperature to a higher degree so MAX A/C won't be needed.

Max

Archived