CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Kenwood CD install

:P:D:lol::rolleyes:

Hey everyone, I just replaced my bose factory system with a kenwood (kdc-319) cd player. I also replaced the rear deck speakers with kenwood 6x9's and the door speakers with 4" pioneers. My real question is; When the car is in ACC and i turn the volume up to about 3/4 of the way, the cd player will just shut off then come back on. It will keep doing this til i turn down the volume. When the car is running, I haven't had this happen at all. I thought maybe i've got a short somewhere, but i figured if it did, it would do that while the car is running too. Plus there is really nowhere that the wires could be shorting at. All my wires are ran clean. I ran all wires for the cd player from the trunk along the drivers side trim. This includes my power, remote, ground, and memory wires. I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this model of cd player. I thought maybe it has some sort of protection mode to keep it from draining the battery or something. Any help would be apprieciated.

Thanks

I just hate to think that my 4 hours of work went for nothing, and that i need to pull it all back out...That would suck!!!!!

The symptom sounds (no pun intended), like it is a result of a significant voltage drop, which might momentarily shut down the CD player. However, I do not know why accelerating would cause a significant voltage drop ???

I would first start with looking at how power is being fed to the CD player, that is, is it "reliable" power. Make sure it has been wired per the manufacturers recommended instructions.

I meant to say that when my key is in the on or "ACC" position the cd player will cut off after i turn it up. Not accelerating. Sorry for the confusion. Also, my power source is the original manufactures harness thats located in the trunk. I had to run all the power, ground, memory and power antenna wires from the trunk to the new head unit. The OEM stereo worked fine, so i dont think it's my power source.

Keep the help comin...

maybe a short in a speaker? when a sub blows, it'll come on at low volumes, but just shuts off when it's turned up a little. But that may have to do with the amps circutry. maybe the cd player has sompthin similar?

Archived