CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Alot of error codes - Help!!!!!

We have a 1994 STS that my wife drives mostly. I know the care has problems, the ride control msg comes on intermittantly and so does the yellow ABS light along with the traction disabled msg. The Service engine light comes on also.

Here are the Error Codes that I get and I already reset the PCM. (can anyone help me with this. Not by just pointing out the code definition, but advising what to do about each code)

PO41

A011

T071

T063

T041

T015

T016

S018

SO25

SO25

S027

S036

SO43

SO44

SO61

S072

I SEARCHED AND FOUND SOME CODE DEFINITIONS AT http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/dtcobd1.html

THIS SEEMS TO BE A VERY HELPFUL SITE.

CAN ANYONE ADD TO THE CODES NOT FOUND AND ALSO GIVE ANY INFO ON WHAT I CAN DO TO CORRECT SOME OF THE PROBLEMS. I AM VERY HANDY WITH CARS AND WE REALLY DONT HAVE THE MONEY GET THIS CAR REPAIRED BY A SHOP. WE WERE TOLD BE CADILLAC THAT THE COST TO FIX THIS CAR WOULD BE OVER $8,000. THE CAR IS RUNNING OK BUT I KNOW IT HAS ISSUES THAT NEED ADDRESSING.

Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Codes (Engine/Transmission)

PO41 - Power steering Pressure switch open

Air Conditioning Programer (ACP) Codes

A011 – High Side Temperature Sensor Circuit

Traction Control System (TCS) Codes

T071-Electronic Brake and TCS (EBTCM/EBCM) Internal Fault

T063 - Valve Relay Fault

T041 - RF ABS Valve Solenoid Fault

T015

T016

Road Sensing Suspension (RSS) Codes

S018

SO25 - Right Rear Damper Solenoid Valve Short to B+

S027 -

S036 - Electronic Level Control Compressor Short to Ground/Open

SO43 - Speed Signal Fault

SO44 - Lift or Dive Signal Fault

SO61 - Right Front Position Sensor Fault

S072 - Left Rear Accelerometer Fault

You need to spend some time doing some careful research on your car. The problems you note can be signs of failed parts or more often bad electrical connections. I emphasize take your time doing the items listed below. Often simple/free fixes are overlooked by being impatient or not checking carefully the item because "you already know its is OK".

I would start with the following items:

1. Disconnect the battery (negative terminal first, to help prevent arcing) and carefully and thoroughly clean the battery terminals and the battery cable ends. I would recommend a small brass brush with soap and water.

2. Find the ground connection from the battery to the block, remove it and clean the cable and the stud it attaches to with a brass brush and electrical cleaner. Reconnect the battery, positive cable first.

3. There is a fuse block under the hood, on the left fender well; remove each fuse inspect to be sure it is still good, clean the fuse prongs and reinstall.

Look for damaged wires and dirty connections.

3. Remove the air cleaner and intake tube. Look for wire looms that are not located neatly and have been rubbed through, look under the battery for wires that have been crushed. These often happen from earlier repairs to the car.

4. Remove each wheel and look for wires not located neatly located and/or disconnected. Unclip and use spray electrical cleaner at any connection that you can reach

5. Unlock an end of each ride sensor; pull from the ball attachment point. Work it back and forth its full length a few times, then reattach and lock the connection.

6. Under the car, in the center, directly inline with the rear axle are numerous suspension connections. Look for damaged wires, pulled connections, etc. Take your time.

7. In the trunk is another fuse block at the left side. Pull each fuse, verify it is good, clean the prongs and reinstall it.

Often wires and the connections are damaged from mud, ice chunks and other debris you encounter driving, look for this kind of damage.

Clear the codes, drive around and see which codes come back.

Good luck, George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you MIGHT have a vehicle that has experienced some minor flood damage. I have seen a few similar circumstances, and it appeared to be just that. The last time I was involved, I told the guy to dump the car. He did just that. So I can't say that this IS the case, or what to do about it. I hope I am wrong, I really do. Good luck.

Archived