CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Darned speeding ticket.. questions

Well heck I don't really drive fast any more like I use to but I managed to end up with a speeding ticket today.. 45 in a 35 zone where I had good visibility of any possible cross traffic and no stops or lights coming up for at least one more mile ..

In a decent city with any brains that area would be a 50mph zone

I don't even believe I was going 45

Well I think I can beat the ticket in court because the officer was confused.. for example he claimed that I had three pages of traffic violations and when I tried to tell him, no, I don't, he said well yes you do it is on the computer (I've had one speeding ticket in my life back in 2002... Also when he gave my gun back to me he only gave me five shells back.. he emptied the gun and gave me five shells back. Guess where the sixth ended up staying :rolleyes:

Also he kept mention not wanting to "have a gun pointed at him" and not wanting to "hand me a loaded gun"... odd because when I pulled over I hung my arms out the window and when he asked me to exit the vehicle I even used the outside door release

I'm going to brush up on Kansas state traffic law and bring with me a lawyer to court (I figure I had better know the laws myself in case the lawyer is dumb) and do my best to fight this.. I had just gotten my driving record clean five days before this so it's frustrating.

My driving record has been trashed for non moving violations in the past and I've paid through the nose for insurance so I take my driving record very seriously over here

If this crazy joker doesn't come in to court on that day they will have to drop the charge against me won't they? If they convict me without him even being there I'm going to raise alot of hell about that!

This is a crooked state but I don't think it's quite that crooked. :unsure:

I kind of felt sorry for the guy in some strange way because he didn't even think to write me in for no proof of insurance.. or to even ask for it ( I didn't have it with me )

that also sort of angered me because I want uninsured drivers to get a ticket

I don't think a state trooper should overlook something so important

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Whether the officer was confused about your driving history is irrelevant. The bottom line is that you were caught speeding--plain and simple. Instead of feeling sorry for the officer for not giving you a ticket for not having papers, you should be thankful. Apparently, the officer gave you a break. Regarding the firearm, it sounds like the officer was pretty calm about it. I don't know what Kansas law says about loaded firearms in vehicles, however, it's best that you not reach for firearms when stopped by the police.

Just pay the ticket and don't waste the officer's or the court's time.

Whether the officer was confused about your driving history is irrelevant. The bottom line is that you were caught speeding--plain and simple. Instead of feeling sorry for the officer for not giving you a ticket for not having papers, you should be thankful. Apparently, the officer gave you a break. Regarding the firearm, it sounds like the officer was pretty calm about it. I don't know what Kansas law says about loaded firearms in vehicles, however, it's best that you not reach for firearms when stopped by the police.

Just pay the ticket and don't waste the officer's or the court's time.

In my mind him being confused about my driving record,

And him forgetting to cite me for not proving I had insurance(or even asking for proof of it),

And for handing me 5 shells and a still loaded firearm when he meant to unload it,

This all says to me that he was having an off day and something else was on his mind.

Why should I trust his word that I was exceeding the posted speed limit?

I can't be thankful for him allowing uninsured drivers to run around and I will tell you why- I've been through complete hell with insurance companies, paid through my nose for insurance, and loved ones of mine have been severely injured/financially damaged by under insured motorists.

So between what I've been through and paid in order to stay on the road and do it legally and what has happened to my loved ones I can not look at my not being asked for proof of insurance as it was a "break"- instead I see it as a dangerous "break" in the legal system.

MerryChristmas

IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Be a Capitalist or work for one.

IPB Image

Work for a Capitalist or be one.

MerryChristmas

Archived