CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

has anyone bypassed the security chip...

steve6

I keep getting

B2947 - DTC B2947 Security System Sensor Power CKT Low

B2955 - DTC B2955 Security System Sensor Data CKT Malf

B3055 - DTC B3055 Key Not Present

has anyone bypassed this system? I know you can buy a module to make it so the security key is not needed(the security part, but key is still needed). I actually got a security warning, service security system and the light came on WHILE driving down the road. I could care less about the security, I am just worried about my car not starting when I get to a destination.

Has anyone installed one of those devices? I know its not all that uncommon because of remote car starters. If anyone could point me to what I need it would be appriciated (and wiring schemtatics? :) . Its a 99 seville.

Or tell me what exactly is needed to fix the car with those codes.....(id assume its the entire key assembly, which isnt going to happen, i'd rather bypass it)

I keep getting

B2947 - DTC B2947 Security System Sensor Power CKT Low

B2955 - DTC B2955 Security System Sensor Data CKT Malf

B3055 - DTC B3055 Key Not Present

has anyone bypassed this system? I know you can buy a module to make it so the security key is not needed(the security part, but key is still needed). I actually got a security warning, service security system and the light came on WHILE driving down the road. I could care less about the security, I am just worried about my car not starting when I get to a destination.

Has anyone installed one of those devices? I know its not all that uncommon because of remote car starters. If anyone could point me to what I need it would be appriciated (and wiring schemtatics? :) . Its a 99 seville.

Or tell me what exactly is needed to fix the car with those codes.....(id assume its the entire key assembly, which isnt going to happen, i'd rather bypass it)

Steve,

Your 99 may or may not have passkey II protection. if the key has a visilbe resistor pellet in it, it is Passkey II. 98 and newer cars were being fitted with Passkey III as they were introduced.

Anyway, Passkey II, you measure the pellet's resistance and you buy a pot or a resistor of that value and hard wire the resistor into the two small wires coming down the steering column from the key switch. you must cut the wires coming out of the steering column and just have the resistor talking to the Passkey module. Then any key that will turn the switch will work.

Googling Passkey II gets you a lot of info like this: http://www.motorage.com/motorage/data/arti...809/article.pdf

Regards,

Jim in Phoenix

Jim in Phoenix

Well it must be a passkey III , it dosnt have the resister on it (I had a 96 monte carlo that did).

It instead has like RK3 or something written on it.

I guess I can find what i need knowing what its called (Passkey III),

But has anyone acually wired it up? Id like to see a wiring diagram and know how hard it is to get at the wiring to do so.

Thanks

Archived