CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Boston Suspension OR Arnott Industries?

alkapin

I am familiar with the Arnott system and know them to work very nicely. They bolt up to your car with no modifications or special hardware to make them work.

The Boston system would concern me somewhat; as it is showing special mounting hardware is required for their system. Note that the Boston shocks are constructed in a different manner than the stock ones. Compare the Arnott image (like OEM) and Boston. This may not be important but does make me wonder.

Consider why a system that is supposed to be an OEM replacement needs you to use adaptive hardware and not just bolt in; the likely reason is that Boston is probably using a more generic shock, with added hardware, to make it fit a Cadillac.

As apposed to the Arnott system that is specifically designed to replace your OEM system.

The cost difference is not much; I would not let that be the reason for your choice.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I did some of the same research as George, and also took a good look at the Boston product. I have to agree, comparatively, the Boston's just looked 'flakey'.. .

I have a full set of Arnott shocks and struts in boxes waiting for me to find the time to get them on.

George's intial reports and presentation of the installation of the rears are very encouraging...and helpful! I'm really looking foward to catching up with him, and reporting back.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

well I looked at the both pictures again, and you are right Arnott kit looks better as direct replacement. Few dollars difference is not really the issue here.

I wonder thou if you put shorter spings on, how to adjust back air struts from pumping the back - back up? I've noticed there is a mechanical connector (like a little metal bar, about 15 sm long) attached to the back strut to measure ride hight. Will it need to be modified or what?

Thanks.

well I looked at the both pictures again, and you are right Arnott kit looks better as direct replacement. Few dollars difference is not really the issue here.

I wonder thou if you put shorter spings on, how to adjust back air struts from pumping the back - back up? I've noticed there is a mechanical connector (like a little metal bar, about 15 sm long) attached to the back strut to measure ride hight. Will it need to be modified or what?

Thanks.

If your'e referring to Eibach springs, just follow the pictorial diagram that comes with the springs. It will show you where to relocate the sensor to accomadate the computer leveling. Very simple really, just measure hole center to hole center, drill and tap..

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived