CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Traction Control Problems

nitrous1

My STS is setting a TC23 code about every other time I start it. My FSM tells me that this a problem with the right front sensor. I haven't had time to really diagnose it yet (the first occurence was yesterday), but does any one have any tips for me.

Thanks

Dan

Sometimes this error can be set by contaminated sensors on the back of the wheel hubs. Could be an accumulation of road crud and metallic brake dust.

First you may be able to clean them at a spray car wash by turning the wheels to each extreme and blasting as much dirt and crud of as you can.

Next jack the car up and get under it and use brushes and spray brake cleaner to complete the job.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

George,

Thanks for your response, my first thought was to clean everything up first and see if the code would still set, but mother nature has thrown a monkey wrench in my plans. 3-7 inches of snow today and a big slushy mess in the garage. I guess diagnosis will have to wait until this weekend.

Thanks

Dan

Archived