CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Code

A member on the swedish forum has problems understanding this code: C1784 - ICCS2 DL Right Output Short Circuit to Bat

Anyone?

A few questions first.

What year and model vehicle?

Has the owner had any left front collision damage repairs?

Has the owner experienced cooling system leaks in the area of the water pump?

The "DL" circuit is a "Dive - Lift" signal voltage that is produced in the suspension control module and sent to only the EBTCM (or ABS module). There is a wiring problem somewhere and I'm trying to zero in on the most likely location.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Hi, im the owner of the car. Its a -99 seville sts, there are no collision or waterleaks on this car. But one year ago the car stop and there was a electrical ground problem. One groundcable under the gearbox was broken.

The owner before me had take away the warning for bad brakepads perhaps thats the c 1784 code. Anders

....The owner before me had take away the warning for bad brakepads perhaps thats the c 1784 code. Anders

No, the C1784 is correctly described in the first post.

Here is what I would do if it was my car.

Remove the LF wheel and the plastic fender liner to gain access to the Electronic Brake & Traction Control Module (EBTCM) which is located at the bottom-front LH corner of the engine cradle. The module is easily identifed as there are 6 steel brake lines connected to it.

Very carefully and thoroughly inspect the wire harness and connector that goes to the EBTCM. I suspect you will find corroded or damgaged connector pins - or - damaged wiring.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Archived