CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DTC codes IPM B0429 PCM P0741

Trevane

I am new to asking these questions on a site like this. I have a 2000 Deville and am getting the IPM B0429 code with the PCM P0741 looking through this site I see that the PCM P0741 code is for the TCC system stuck off. When I had this occur in the past the my local Caddy dealer said I needed a new trasmission. I had it check out indepedently and they stated my trasmission is OK. What is this and how can it be repaired.

That dealer is overstating the condition; if the solenoid has in fact failed, it can be replaced! We see far too many cases of dealers (service advisors?) shooting from the hip like this.

The independent evaluation is not quite correct because you are seeing the P0741 code which means there is something wrong somewhere in the wiring or the solenoid.

DIY or have someone do a detailed examination of the chassis wire harness and connector where the transmssion cable attaches to the rest of the car. Diagnosis is more than 50% of a successful repair.

On the other hand, you could live with the condition. You will suffer a minor penalty in fuel economy as a result. However, if where your car is registered uses the OBD and CHECK ENGINE warning to certify emissions compliance, your car will not pass.

Your B0429 is not related and can be ignored forevermore.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

If you DO need an emission test, there is a way to pass without a $2000 repair. Enter the diagnostic mode and clear the DTC. Drive the car for a week in 3rd. DO NOT put it in Drive or the DTC will reset when you hit 41 MPH. Do not rush to get it teasted. The computer knows that the DTC's where cleared and it needs time to pass an internal unreadiness check.

B0429 is the auxiliary temperature (rear) actuator. It is not in the commanded position. It does not have to be off by much to set the DTC. Unless you are having trouble with the rear temperature control, fagitaboutit.

• 2 weeks later...
If you DO need an emission test, there is a way to pass without a $2000 repair. Enter the diagnostic mode and clear the DTC. Drive the car for a week in 3rd. DO NOT put it in Drive or the DTC will reset when you hit 41 MPH. Do not rush to get it teasted. The computer knows that the DTC's where cleared and it needs time to pass an internal unreadiness check.

B0429 is the auxiliary temperature (rear) actuator. It is not in the commanded position. It does not have to be off by much to set the DTC. Unless you are having trouble with the rear temperature control, fagitaboutit.

Thank you this worked out GREAT Just picked up car this morning and it passed!

Archived