CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

TO73 PCM - EBTCM/EBCM Pulse Width Modulation Signal Fault

Help! I tried to save some money and I think its costing me. I had a leaking water pump, (mi. 107K) changed that, 4 cover bolts, NAPA northstar water pump socket (good one). I went on to change my rear pads. Now I get the ABS light Traction Controll Disabled on. Code: TO33, OK, I checked the sensor plugs cleaned them, checked the rear wheel harness, thats ok. I checked the plug at the ABS unit under my air filter box. There was some antifreeze and couple of pins had rust and crud on them. cleaned them with DeOxit, still TO73 and now TO37(different wheel). My question is, can the EBTCM go bad (shorted or something) if my connections got wet. TO73 is new, everything was ok prior to me changing the rear pads. Is there another plug connection I can check in the ABS assy. beside the big one to the ETBCM. Id hate to change this out and have the same problom, big $$$. Oh, clearing codes solves nothing. Help! Thanks Ed

Help! I tried to save some money and I think its costing me. I had a leaking water pump, (mi. 107K) changed that, 4 cover bolts, NAPA northstar water pump socket (good one). I went on to change my rear pads. Now I get the ABS light Traction Controll Disabled on. Code: TO33, OK, I checked the sensor plugs cleaned them, checked the rear wheel harness, thats ok. I checked the plug at the ABS unit under my air filter box. There was some antifreeze and couple of pins had rust and crud on them. cleaned them with DeOxit, still TO73 and now TO37(different wheel). My question is, can the EBTCM go bad (shorted or something) if my connections got wet. TO73 is new, everything was ok prior to me changing the rear pads. Is there another plug connection I can check in the ABS assy. beside the big one to the ETBCM. Id hate to change this out and have the same problom, big $$$. Oh, clearing codes solves nothing. Help! Thanks Ed

Back again, If for whatever reason you have ABS problems in a 95-96 Cadillac, check the plug which plugs into the ABS unit, I had crud, rust, looks like a burned spot, pinns corroded on the ABS end. I cleaned them up and dried everything off, I now only get TO33 constantly. I bought another ABS at a wrecker for $100 and plugged it in, same code. So I think my problem is in the plug it self (burned spot). Unfortunately this is a part of the engine wiring harness, so that has to be changed as well. Auto wreckers are a great source for this.

YOUR code is for a right rear wheel speed senson continuity malfunction. You need an ohm meter to check ,it disconnect the speed sensor and you should get resistence betweeen 900-1300 ohm, by probing the sensor connector. If the resistence is not within specks ,replace hub bearing sensor assembly. YOU NEED A SHOP , manual to properly diagnose this ghost or you will go crazy trying to fix it. Check out GM bulletins on this the 95 and 96 EBTCM , WERE subject to a malfuntion problem i believe due to a bad program. I have the been their done that T SHIRT on this one. GOOD LUCK.

Archived