CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

I miss my Deville

Ranger

Yup, I did it. White Daimond '03 DHS with 17K on it. Flying down to Texas to pick it up on Fri. My daughter is going to take Ruby (My '02 SLS) and sell her '99 SLS with 40K. ROAD TRIP!!!!!! :D

I'm sure you will enjoy the '03 and look forward to many trouble free miles.

Somehow when I am heading for the door, my hand always lands on the keys to the Seville.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I love the SLS interior Jim, and seriously thought about a DTS, but I want a soft not firm ride, also want the better milage that the 3:11 final drive gives. Maybe I'll pull a Logan. :D

Yup, I did it. White Daimond '03 DHS with 17K on it. Flying down to Texas to pick it up on Fri. My daughter is going to take Ruby (My '02 SLS) and sell her '99 SLS with 40K. ROAD TRIP!!!!!! :D

03 with only 17K miles, barely broken in. Congrats and enjoy your beautiful new DHS

Well, at least Ruby is still in the family.

Can you provide details on how you came to buy this particular DHS?

I enjoyed reading about your search for Ruby.

My pearl white STS stayed clean much longer than my crimson red ... the red stays clean for a few hours, then it really shows pollen and dust which is invisible on the white.

Congrats!

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Congratulations! Good Luck with it, Mike

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Well, at least Ruby is still in the family.

Can you provide details on how you came to buy this particular DHS?

I enjoyed reading about your search for Ruby.

My pearl white STS stayed clean much longer than my crimson red ... the red stays clean for a few hours, then it really shows pollen and dust which is invisible on the white.

Congrats!

I hear ya on the colors Ted. White Diamond was my intent when I found Ruby, but the low milage swayed me. My last white diamond Deville always looked clean, even when it was filthy in the middle of winter.

Actually the search was much the same as last time. Kept checking cars.com & autotrader. Found this one on autotrader for $24,000 (I have seen them running as rediculously high as $30K but averaging about $26K) and called. After talking to the salesman for a bit, I offered $23K. He said he'd call back in a few minutes (they always have to ask someone else), but I was pretty sure it was a done deal by the way he was talking. Sure enough, another road trip.

And my daughter already has several people interested in her car.

Can't wait for Friday. I feel like a kid on Christmas eve. :)

Congrats on the new DHS. What part of Texas does it come from?

Carlisle Chevrolet/Cadillac in Waxahachee.

I'll have to post some new pics to replace Ruby. Will let you know when I get them Bruce.

2003 Deville product summary: http://media.gm.com/division/2003_prodinfo...lac_DeVille.pdf

New for 2003

For 2003,Michelin all-season performance tires replace Goodyear on the DTS model, the DeVille adds two new exterior colors, the outside rear view mirrors now feature a turn signal indicator, and the taillamps have been redesigned. A fixed shoulder-belt tower replaces the moveable version, and the tire pressure monitor is now standard.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I love the SLS interior Jim, and seriously thought about a DTS, but I want a soft not firm ride, also want the better milage that the 3:11 final drive gives. Maybe I'll pull a Logan. :D

I can relate to that - my STS is a blast to drive but I like the interior room and the plush ride of the Fleetwood Brougham better.

My black STS stays clean for a few minutes... :lol: but it really looks good when it's clean.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

the outside rear view mirrors now feature a turn signal indicator, and the taillamps have been redesigned. A fixed shoulder-belt tower replaces the moveable version, and the tire pressure monitor is now standard.

This reminds me of an observation and a project.

Although the outside mirror housing size and shape is different, the glass from a '03 to '05 Deville is very close to the same size as the glass on my '98 Seville. I like those turn signals so much I have been looking for a (inexpensive) Deville mirror set to replace the glass on my '98 Seville.

The TPM system suffers from some growing pains. Great idea and the technology application will get better in the future. But for '04, the accuracy is only so-so.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Many Happy Miles! :)

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

2003 Deville product summary: http://media.gm.com/division/2003_prodinfo...lac_DeVille.pdf

New for 2003

the taillamps have been redesigned.

Bruce,

What changed on the tail lights? As far as I can tell, the 2000-2005 Deville's tail lights are the same.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Kevin,

At some point they went to LED. Not sure when that was though. Perhaps it was '03.

The LED tail lights came out in 2000 I think.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Ranger, white is one of my favorite colors on a vehicle, and White Diamond is just about the best looking white out there. You'll really enjoy that car.

I do think all taillights are the same on '00-'05 DeVilles. They're all LED lights. There must be a minor change somewhere...maybe in the pattern.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Archived