CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Got to love life's surprises

So I am vacuuming out the trunk of my recently purchased 92 Sedan DeVille yesterday, (a little background, the previous owner's used the trunk as storage space so it has been a long time since the spare tire has seen the light of day) and it had obviously been damp for a while as everything was sticky and had a musty smell. I am vacuuming along and a little baggie gets stuck in the end of the hose, I pull it out and to my surprise, it is the original keys for the car- never been used. I thought it was odd when I bought the car the owner only had locksmith cut keys (car only has 90K miles and he got the car from his mother who bought new)..so with a little cleaning with a toothbrush this morning I have 2 beautiful un-used gold keys, and a black ignition key with the wreath and creast and a silver door key..all look like new money.

Don't you love life's little surprises?

Greg

"Torque it down 'til it strips. Then back off half a turn."

www.picturetrail.com/carolinagreg

Cool! Those can be spendy these days to try and replace.(and they still wouldn’t be original..) I had a similar(to me) experience a few years back now. Different car, same feelings of delight. I’m the second owner of a 1969 elCamino SS, and after owning the car for a good ten years I got around to pulling the compartment out that’s in a ‘cubby’ behind the drivers seat. As the tub came out, I saw what looked like a sheet of paper back in that little cave. I reached in, pulled it out and waddya know! The original build sheet for this car from the factory in 1969! May not mean much to some, but to a Chevy collector, it’s valuable. I t really made my day to have that, along with the original Calif. Plates. Still have the Elc after 20+ years.

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Nice find on the keys. You frequently find / find out things you need to know if you do your own cleaning on the car, inside and out.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Yes, finding strange things can be interesting.

In a previous incarnation I was in the consumer electronics service industry.

One day a VCR was dropped off at our place; the mechanism was jammed. It was jammed with 2" long straws coated with a peculiar white substance. My guess is dad didn't know what junior was up to.

Removing the "debris" cleared all the problems.

Strangely, the deck was never picked up.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived