CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

radio replacement

CORDELL

I have a 93 sts, radio cassette non bose. I want to change it to a cd player- radio, which is a bose. does anybody know if this unit will plug right in or do i need any special amps or anything?would like to know before I take dash apart. thanks for any advice. cordell :unsure:

They are not really compatible.

You can upgrade to the Bose system but this requires replacing all of the speakers and adding an external amp to the system.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

[attachmentid=2600]

I have a 93 sts, radio cassette non bose. I want to change it to a cd player- radio, which is a bose. does anybody know if this unit will plug right in or do i need any special amps or anything?would like to know before I take dash apart. thanks for any advice. cordell :unsure:

Cordell,

Your stock unit sends it tuning signals to an amplfied receiver in the trunk, which drives the 4 speakers at about 5 watts each or so.

The Bose sends it's signals to a similar, but NOT the same receiver (no amplification) which sends its line level output to the specially tuned Bose speakers, which each have bulit in amplifyers

To use the Bose, you need the correct trunk receiver, then you can take the line level outputs from this receiver, run them through an amplifier of your choice, and send the amps outputs to the speakers.

email me if you decide to go ahead on this. I have a spare correct receiver that I will sell to you for $100, priority mail included. Working recievers are getting hard to find as their has been some attrition. I am sure you paid way less than that for the Bose unit, right?

Jim in Phoenix

post-138-1150646403.jpg

Jim in Phoenix

• 2 months later...

Hello to all,

I am in the process of upgrading my stock head unit ( non-BOSE ) to an aftermarket Alpine Double-din DVD/NAV unit.

Has anyone replaced thier radio by going to double din?

Where ( besides Crutchfiled ) could I find all the correct speaker sizes to replace on an 03 Seville non-BOSE?

Thanks

Archived