CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

can it be done

How much time do you have, and how much do you want to spend on it?

The complete night vision system would require that you get the camera, wiring, and the dash from a Deville with the night vision system. Then you will need to custom modify your dash to receive the heads-up display. You may need a different windshield. You will have to modify the front end of your car to receive the camera.

I should think it would be simpler to either start over and mount a new custom system, although the heads-up display would still be tricky to duplicate. If you are willing to broadcast to a central video screen that would be simpler.

The least expensive approach would be to buy a DTS with the system.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

How much time do you have, and how much do you want to spend on it?

The complete night vision system would require that you get the camera, wiring, and the dash from a Deville with the night vision system. Then you will need to custom modify your dash to receive the heads-up display. You may need a different windshield. You will have to modify the front end of your car to receive the camera.

I should think it would be simpler to either start over and mount a new custom system, although the heads-up display would still be tricky to duplicate. If you are willing to broadcast to a central video screen that would be simpler.

The least expensive approach would be to buy a DTS with the system.

i have alot of time on my hands.. im stationed in england. and theres nothing to do .. well i would like top do the dts system. but i was also lookin at just buying a night vison camera and adding it to my system i have installed now (7 inch in dash tv, 7 inch head rest montiors and, 2 - 7 inch sun visior monitors .. this i think would be the cheapest . but no heads up display ..........

It is an interesting project. Please keep us updated on your progress.

If you can find the right cameras, I would consider a rear pointing camera as well, something like this:

http://www.mp3car.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=166

The range of illumination seems to be around 80 feet, so I am not clear how effective these type cameras will be at warning of deer ahead, for example. But perhaps because you don't need to see the details of an animal crossing the road ahead, so much as the fact that there is SOMETHING crossing ahead then the range is less of an issue.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I dont understand what you guys mean by night vission? when would this come in handy do you not need headlights? :P

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

Archived