CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Ebay STS

ted tcb

It will be interesting to see what this 1998 STS sells for in the next 23 hours.

The buyer thinks the hg is bad strictly based upon the dealer's inspection, yet no

overheating on an Arizona car.

New fpr resulted in a rough idle. I wonder what plugs, wires, coolant/tab update, and

multiple WOT's would do for this car?

I'm guessing it goes for around $3500.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-Cadill...1QQcmdZViewItem

post-1542-1150486173.jpg

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

I will bet that the dealer did not get the lower o-ring installed on the FPR and that is the reason for the rough idle.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

i have seen those headlights before. what exactly are they? halogen i assume but they are not capsule's like 97 and older.

i have seen those headlights before. what exactly are they? halogen i assume but they are not capsule's like 97 and older.

If you are refering to the "round" ones in the middle of the capsule, those are HID lights...

I didn't know you could get those in 98... Hmm

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

thats what i thought. why the design change? more light output and/or improved lighting pattern? i mean why is that type of light perferable to 97 and earlier bulbs?

The lighting performance of my 99 is no better than my 97 STS sealed beams.

The reflectors may have focused light better when new, but after a few years the plastic lens pits, and performance degrades.

I think the main reason to go to the reflector lights is style.

For what's its worth, the car sold for $3383.

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

There was a lot of bidding activity toward the end of the auction as always. It looked like it was in decent shape.

Ted, how does the interior room compare between the '97 and the '99? The '98-'04 cars appear to be smaller than the '92-'97 models. I drove a '98 STS in 1998 but it has been so long ago that I don't remember the legroom proportions.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The legroom is definitely greater in the rear of the 97, and the 99 is about an inch taller.

Remember, the 97's debut was in 1992, so it is basically a car designed in the late eighties.

The refinement of the newer body car simply exceeds the 97 in every way. My 97 was a little more refined than my 95 ... basically, a little smoother, quieter ride. The newer body car is a quantum leap in terms of more modern NVH levels.

When I get back into a 97, I definitely notice that the switchgear, such as window controls, look like they came out of a generic gm parts bin. The interiors are starting to look dated, but the 92-92 exterior still rates as a home run ... once described as a muscle car wearing an Armani suit.

After owning a 98-04 (Canada, right), it would be very difficult to own the older series as a daily driver ... tough to give up refinement, plus all the extra power goodies and the 425 watt Bose system with 12" sub.

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Coincidence? The 2 times I've clicked on that eBay page, my Firefox multi-tab browser locked up. Anyone else?

There are a TON of large photos on that page, maybe that's the problem

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Coincidence.

I use Firefox, no lockups on that ebay link.

As BBF says, the large pics take a few seconds to load, even with high speed.

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

That STS is the same color as mine the main thing I like about it is I have not seen many the same color. Mine however has the goldish color int, this one is the first one I have seen in the parchment with the gold color on the outside. I think from the looks of it that it wasnt taken very good care of. I would bet money that the seats were not once cond. As I recall I think I seen one or two of the seats. I just dont understand why people dont take care of thier leather seats. A friend has a 01 ETC and his seats look old compared to mine that look maybe 2 years old.

After owning a 98-04 (Canada, right), it would be very difficult to own the older series as a daily driver ... tough to give up refinement, plus all the extra power goodies and the 425 watt Bose system with 12" sub.

I always thought that was a 15" Subwolfer... LOL

Sounds EXCELLENT! Even at Full Volume...

enjoy!

jim

Archived