CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Saw an STS-V at the dealer today

KG6PSK

Took my baby in for her 60000 mile service today at Young Cadillac at Escondido. Went to the showroom to ogle the new models and what did I see but an STS-V. Just had to have a seat behind the wheel. This thing is just plain unreal. The interior is very very nice, and I can only begin to imagine what the 469hp of the supercharged N* is like; I can barely begin to comprehend the 300hp of mine. Anyone else here had an STS-V or XLR-V experience?

Mark

Took my baby in for her 60000 mile service today at Young Cadillac at Escondido. Went to the showroom to ogle the new models and what did I see but an STS-V. Just had to have a seat behind the wheel. This thing is just plain unreal. The interior is very very nice, and I can only begin to imagine what the 469hp of the supercharged N* is like; I can barely begin to comprehend the 300hp of mine. Anyone else here had an STS-V or XLR-V experience?

Mark

No!

So stop asking! LOL

Just kidding.

jim

$71,000 base model. OUCH.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

i started a new job this week at a smaller privately owned company and the boss's son has a merc SL65. i have to imagine 600hp would be more fun than 469? of course hp/lb is only 1 aspect of a fine vehicle. how the total package makes the driver feel is probably the true measure of whether the designers did their job right.

The mighty Mercedes SL65 AMG Roadster carries 4,564 lbs and 604 hp, for an amazing 7.5 lb/hp for $187K.

lb/hp is a fair way to judge how fast cars are at a macro level, although gearing and traction and so on matter in the details.

The STS-V has 4,233 lbs and 469 hp for 9.0 lb/hp at $77K

The XLR-V has 3,810 lbs and 443 hp for 8.6 lb/hp at $100K

The Z06 Corvette has 3,132 lbs and 505 hp for 6.2 lb/hp at $66K

(The XLR-V Cadillac.com write-up suggests that the XLR-V competes with the SL55, which is only $125K, but has a 493hp V8)

So IF I had to pick, for my $187K I'd probably go with and STS-V, get my wife a XLR-V, and keep the $10K change compared with a new SL65, but that's just me.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived