CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

suspension system message

triplekey

I have a 98 sts that on the dash show's the error message service suspension system but when i bring it to my mechanic no codes appear and the car seems to ride fine. I also get other messages from the OBD that state theft deterant system, this all happens once in a while at seperate times could this be related to a computer problem, Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

See the post about seven ahead of yours that's titled "Help - 2000 Seville ,etc.

It's the same problem.

How is your mechanic reading the codes? Not all aftermarket code readers are created equal. Sometimes the onboard code display is a better tool. Do you know how to display DTCs on the Driver Information Center (DIC)?

Corroded, loose, and nasty dirty electrical connections can cause unpredictable intermittent system operation and false warnings. I would start with the battery connections; be sure the cables are tight, squeaky clean and corrosion free. Get your nose in there close to the battery; even the slightest trace of sulphuric acid aroma is not good as acid vapor can lead to corrosion under the wiring insulation.

Just a few suggestions.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Welcome to Caddyinfo.

There is a snapshot function in the onboard diagnostics which would allow you to capture the condition of the car when the problem is happening. It may be sufficient to simply put the car into diagnostic mode when you get the error message and see what codes are showing at that point.

Check the articles in http://www.caddyinfo.com/howto.html under DTC codes for info on how to get in to onboard diagnostic mode.

The other thread Dasher is refering to is here: http://caddyinfo.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9812

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived