CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

93 Cadillac Fleetwood E40 error code?

I did a code check for my 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special, the code was E40 "power steering switch open".

Since it went bad I have no power in the car at all and the AC has stopped working. Has anyone run into this problem, I cant find any info on how to fix this.

Does anyone have any advice for me or tips on how to fix this problem. Any help would really be appericiated.

Thank you

I did a code check for my 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special, the code was E40 "power steering switch open".

Since it went bad I have no power in the car at all and the AC has stopped working. Has anyone run into this problem, I cant find any info on how to fix this.

Does anyone have any advice for me or tips on how to fix this problem. Any help would really be appericiated.

Thank you

That is the power steering pressure switch. Check the fuses first to see if one is blown. The pressure switch is located, I think, on the rack and pinion assembly. It is a cylinder coming off of the rack with 2 wires coming out on the drivers side. Check to see if the wires are shorted out. There is a wire harness under the passengers side just around the bottom of the radiator coming off, I think, the air compressor that likes to short out and cause this. Check for a bare wire rubbing the radiator frame. I little electrical tape solved my problem with my 92 Deville.

Thank you

That is the power steering pressure switch. Check the fuses first to see if one is blown. The pressure switch is located, I think, on the rack and pinion assembly. It is a cylinder coming off of the rack with 2 wires coming out on the drivers side. Check to see if the wires are shorted out. There is a wire harness under the passengers side just around the bottom of the radiator coming off, I think, the air compressor that likes to short out and cause this. Check for a bare wire rubbing the radiator frame. I little electrical tape solved my problem with my 92 Deville.

Thank you very much, I really do appericate it, I will take your advice and hopefully I can fix this problem myself. I do have a 190,000 miles on it but Im not ready to give up on this greatl car just yet.

Archived