CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2004 Cadillac : DeVille Armored Limo

I just ran across this looking at devilles on the ebay thought I would post this up its funny looking..

Michael

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-De...bayphotohosting

Not even a bose ! geez this car really has nothing other than safety.

Interesting car - very substantial looking (almost claustrophobic), especially around the door and window openings.

With all the emphasis on run-flat tires and a self-sealing gas tank, the engine compartment, especially the radiator, seems vulnerable to being disabled by gunfire.

I was not aware that Cadillac has a "Protection Series", but it stands to reason. I'm sure there is a market for that type of vehicle here and abroad. I'm just glad that level of security isn't an issue for me - it can affect all aspects of your life.

I would be interested to know how much the car weighs and, consequently, how it handles and performs.

Thanks for sharing the post.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

I used to work on armored vehicles. The problem with armored vehicles is that they are not designed that way from the ground up. They are usually not deigned to carry the extra weight. This car will probably need a brake job every six months, and need new ball joints, tie rods, and coil springs every 1-2 years. Also the problem with armored glass is that they crack very easily, and can cost up to $10,000-15,000 per pane to replace. I wouldn't get one unless you have problems with people shooting at you.

Back in 1997, limo and armored cars actually were beefed up from the factory. The front lower control arms were of a completely different design. The rear suspension was also different, and incorporated heavy duty rear drum brakes. It also used 6-bolt wheels instead of our 5-bolt wheels.

That armored DeVille looks nice, but I, too, would skip it, if only for the poorer fuel economy.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

they had an armored escalade on unique whips recently. they said it was for a music industry type. they fuzzed out the video to not give too much info on the actual vehicle. hmm, i wonder what a black escalade looks like? i did notice the black border around the window glass. now every time i pass a newer caddy i will check out the window glass to see if its been modified.

Archived