CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2006 DTS Black with SHale Interior Bench Seats

Please excuse me if I mess up my first post. I am looking at a new Black 2006 DTS Luxury II it has bench seats which I prefer and the color inside is "shale" Can anyone tell me if this will be a mistake. My 03 has gray which hasn't been bad/ hard to keep clean. Thanks

My '97 has a "Shale" interior (and exterior as well). I like it. It's kind of like a taupe with grey highlights. Sounds like a sweet combination.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

My '97 has a "Shale" interior (and exterior as well). I like it. It's kind of like a taupe with grey highlights. Sounds like a sweet combination.

Thanks for the quick reply. I voted on the color poll but don't see how to post a picture of my 03. I tried a search and couldn't figure out. Someone's help would be appreciated. Thanks

The 06 DTS seems like a nice car; I like the updated look. I just added a DTS year to year (2000+ for now) page here: http://www.caddyinfo.com/dtsyearbyyear.html

Oddly, Cadillac listed Shale as a new interior color for 2007; must have been a mid-year change instead.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The 06 DTS seems like a nice car; I like the updated look. I just added a DTS year to year (2000+ for now) page here: http://www.caddyinfo.com/dtsyearbyyear.html

Oddly, Cadillac listed Shale as a new interior color for 2007; must have been a mid-year change instead.

Like you said probably a last minute change, it is in the 2006 Caddy Book. This will be my 5th cadillac I try and do it every 3 years. This site is nice, glad I found it.

Welcome. It is fun to get a new one so often. Is your salesman good about updating your "heritage of ownership" medallions? These are grill badges that show how many new Cadillacs you have bought. Only available new via the sales staff; can often be found with various numbers on ebay though.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Black is an absolute imposibility to keep clean. I am very suprised to hear of a DTS with a bench seat. I thought only the Deville & DHS had bench seats.

Larry,

In '06, that changed - the Base DTS has the center console as standard equipment and the bench seat and column shift are the optional package. I don't know why they did that as the bucket seats and console shift are more expensive vs. the split bench seat and column shift. Plus most of the volume in previous years has been the bench seats/column shifter.

Black is hard to keep clean but when they're clean they look really nice!

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived