CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Back seat removal

:P Well I made a bit of a mistake today i was cleaning the car and I dropped my keys, they fell through the hole were the seat belt is and I cant reach them withouht takeing off the seat... Does anyone know how to take out the back seats I have been trying for the last half an hour with no luck. Any help would be very appreciated.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

So I need a coat hanger to get the seats off? :huh: I would also like to clean up all the grimmy filth that has accumulated under there over the years.

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

So I need a coat hanger to get the seats off? :huh: I would also like to clean up all the grimmy filth that has accumulated under there over the years.

:blink: No, you need someone who could understand a post...

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

If it's anything like my 92 eldo was, there should be some bolts that you unscrew that are acessable by removing the panel in the rear of the trunk (right behind the seat) - then the seat back should pull right out. Then you should be able to get the seat bottom out. I had to remove the back seat in my eldo when it got wet from the sunroof leaking. If you need me to I can look in my manual tonight if you need me too.

By the way, anyone wanna by the 1992 eldo/seville gm shop manual? LOL

-dave

Crystal Red Tintcoat Exterior | Shale/Brownstone Interior | 32k

OK, first try using one of those magnet retrievers, it comes in very handy for me at times.

If your back seat (the sitting portion not the back) is the same as mine, you need to push the seat toward the rear of the car to dislodge the 'catches'. There is a catch on each side about 6 to 12 inches from each end. Push each side back and LIFT to detach each side. Its very hard to do, prepare for a struggle. This is of course assuming your seat is the same as mine. Use a flashlight and lift the seat and look under it.

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

OK, first try using one of those magnet retrievers, it comes in very handy for me at times.

If your back seat (the sitting portion not the back) is the same as mine, you need to push the seat toward the rear of the car to dislodge the 'catches'. There is a catch on each side about 6 to 12 inches from each end. Push each side back and LIFT to detach each side. Its very hard to do, prepare for a struggle. This is of course assuming your seat is the same as mine. Use a flashlight and lift the seat and look under it.

I'd put my 9yr old daughter in the back seat and have her reach down with tiny hands

to retrieve the keys ... the off to Dairy Queen for the reward.

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Not sure if mine is any different than a '92, but on mine you simply lift (jerk) straigh up on the front edge (where your heels would be when seated).

Yep, That's the procedure described for the Seville in my 1995 manual. I would expect a '94 to be the same.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

In the FSM of my 2003 STS, it says:

1. Push in and up on the front of the rear seat cushion

2. Lift up and out on the seat cushion

This was also the same procedure in my 1993 Deville.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

This is a rough idea of what the bracket looks like, the open side faces the rear of the car, the seat has a wire that when pushed to the rear falls in and hooks into that bracket.

This was done with the PAINT program, sorry for the rudimentary look, LOL

post-2998-1149900479.jpg

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Charlottetown Caddy Owner,

How did you make out with that seat. Once you get it out the first time, you realize how easy it is, however it can take a bit of force to spring the seat frame enough to disengage the clip. Be patient and you will get it. If your car is anything like mine, you will get a small, monetary reward for removing the seat. I figure anyone who looses money in the back seat is making a contribution to the maintenance of the car.

By the way, I have a 96 STS that came from Charlottetown. It lives in Fredericton now.

Archived