CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

no dash lights, a/c stuck on heat...any suggestions??

Well I am going to describe this the best way I can.

I have a 94 Deville. I think someone might have messed with it. I had to leave it unattended for 2 weeks and everthing was working fine when I left it. I mean it was working perfect a/c and all.

NOW I get in it tonight and the dash lights do not work, the service engine light is on (which was not on before), And the a/c will not turn off. It is also only blowing HOt air throught the defrost front window. I can't turn nothing off using the a/c controls or even check the code for the service engine light. The car runs great. I drove it home about 20 miles with no problem. Besides having to drive in the Florida heat with the heater on. Also I forgot to say the battery was dead when I got in the car.

I have checked all the fuses and I do not see anything disconnected. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Also I forgot to say the battery was dead when I got in the car. I have checked all the fuses and I do not see anything disconnected. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

How did you deal with the dead battery problem? Did you jump-start the vehicle or replace the battery?

Low battery voltage can play havoc with all the computers in your car. If you jump-started the car, you might want to disconnect the battery for a few minutes (say, 10-15) and then reconnect it. This will reset all the computers and get them properly talking to one another.

OTOH, if you replaced the battery, forget what I just said.

Since your SES (Service Engine Soon) light is on, pulling the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) from your computer might help point you in the right direction (The battery disconnect/reconnect might allow you to read DTCs).

If you're unfamiliar with DTCs, look here:

http://myweb.accessus.net/~090/toc.html#cad

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

If the battery was completely (deeply) discharged, it may need to be replaced, since it would not hold charge any more. Batteries do not die in two weeks without a parasitic drain. Before replacing the battery find out what has drained it by removing fuses one at a time.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived