CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Compressor replace

Julio

[attachmentid=2577]See the picture is this a swtich or a plug? It doesn't have a wire but the new delphi unit is plugged and doesn't look like this. Thanx for the help!

I bought new seals the old ones look to be mariginal they are black and the new NAPA ones well they're green.. I have a new drier and my techinician sez the pump is bad. So , the picture is either a plug or a mechinical switch off of the bad pump. I have a new oriface also. The plan is to install a new compressor, blow out the tubes replace the oriface and O-rings, I'm cool with all that, question two is PAG oil my choices 46 and 150. I plan to soak o-rings in it and may put one or two ounces in the system because I have endured a slow leak starting in 12/04 to 1/06. I fixed the 12/04 problem in 5/05 it lasted till the next day it went below 32 F. wich was sometime in 1/06.

Now it leaks right out and won't hold a charge.... its hot here in jack ville

Th[attachmentid=2577]anks for all the help

Julio

post-357-1149299769_thumb.jpg

My first impression is that it's a grommet from the finishing cover. But the picture is not very clear. If you can get a better picture that would help.

The picture is not very clear but it looks like the pressure relief switch on the back of the compressor. You will need to transfer it to the new compressor.

The correct viscosity PAG oil for your system is 150. How much oil did you drain out of the old compressor and accumulator? That will determine how much oil you add to the new compressor and accumulator based on a formula in the shop manual. Was the old orifice tube free of debris? If not, you will need to flush the system.

Do not use PAG oil to lube the o-rings. I like Nylog but it is rarely available locally so I order it from AC Scource. You can use 500 or 525 viscosity mineral refrigerant oil (R-12 oil) to lube the o-rings as PAG oil is not recommended for lubing o-rings.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived