CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

05 DEVILLE FALLING USED PRICES

sonjaab

Wow folks.....If your looking for a late model Caddy here in Syracuse NY

a local dealer is offering 05 Devilles at $19,900 !!!!!!!!!!!!

All ex-rentals......................25k or so miles

The prices on these cars has steadily dropped from $25k 6 months ago!

Prices on used 05 CTS are still around $23k.......................

How are the prices on your areas????????????

Man, I would HATE to think what they would offer as a trade in for my 03!

Good thing I keep it 5-6 years!!!!!.........................geo

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

Resale value has *always* been a problem for Cadillacs and American cars in general. So, no surprise here.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

Aloha,

Low resale value is good for guys like me who can't afford a lot of money for a car but enjoy tinkering. I suppose that the De Ville is not as sporty(youthful) and so not as in demand. I don't think that a De Ville would fit in my garage.

Ed

Yes, this is true. Two years later, it's worth half as much. I need to quit buying cars brand-new.

2003 Seville STS 43k miles with the Bose Sound, Navigation System, HID Headlamps, and MagneRide

1993 DeVille. Looks great inside and out! 298k miles!

IPB Image

My uncle who owns a Cadillac dealer used to tell my dad the same thing, buy a one or two year old Cadillac that has been babied and you save a bundle, but that is true with all cars..

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

That would make a nice Deville purchase, actually. The rental car companies are fairly good on maintenance. They tend to get agressive prices when they buy 100s of cars, so they can afford to discount them when they go out of service.

Also golf tournaments are a nice source of demo/used cars for local Dealers. Cadillac provides the cars for the players to drive during the tournament, then they get sold off lightly used at Dealerships.

Not a huge impact on car resale values as a whole I would think. Reliability and desirability I feel are more important factors.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I want to be a bit carefull how I state this (to not sound too snooty) but here goes:

Our company bought the '94 Deville that I still drive from an rental company auction. I suppose it was a year or a bit more old and may have had 25-30,000-miles on it when the company got it. It had about 82,500 when I got it (for a paltry $3,700) and it now has around 186,000-miles - with NO, zip, nada - significant repairs.

So what does all this blabber mean?

Perhaps the renters of a Caddy are a bit more mature and carefull in their usage - as opposed to cheaper cars getting crap kicked out of them and the wheels run off by anyone who needs a cheap rental.

Now to fly in the face of that statement, I really do try to run the wheels off of the BRD, (Big Red Dog). Its simply engineered too dang well to let hours and hours of near triples and WOT after WOT bother it (I think it kinda likes it - Caragia ?).

I recommend a used Caddy as the best bang for your buck wheels that money can buy.

All IMHO

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

it's the same deal in lower fairfield county in connecticut...one word of advice: the 06 dts versus the outgoing 05 model are two completely different animals in terms of their seat comfort: the 06 has what i call the euro cut bolsters on the front seats...no where near as comfy as the outgoing model.

jackg

90 seville recently departed

ordered an 06 sts6, waiting patiently....so far.

buying used cars is a crap shoot. you think you get a great deal and the guy down the street gets the same car for 1/2 price. i got my 96STS in 2000 for 12K. it had 50k miles on it and we are looking for something newer. in todays paper they have 05 devilles for 16,9k. yay, its not a seville but its close for our type of driving. i see 06 STS6's going for 30k and have to rationalize paying twice as much. hmm, do they make devilles with the V6? i thought the reason for getting a caddy was the northstar?

JOE.....NO V-6s in Deville or DTS....................

STS and CTS yes................

$16,900 for a 05 Deville ??????????? From a dealer?

One heck of a price. A killer car for the price of a run of

the mill cam/cord tin can !

93 DeVille-13 Chevy Impala

72 GTO - 77 Triumph Bonneville

84 Z-28

Syracuse NY

i think it was meant tongue in cheek....

jackg

06 sts6 on order

just got back from the dealer; he's going to try and get me the owner's manual before the car is delivered, so i can start reading up on the nav system and such.

The 2005 STS owner's manual is available online here:

https://www.mygmlink.com/pdf/go2content/man...lac/2k05sts.pdf

If you register at www.mygmlink.com you can access your owner's manual online, but your VIN may not be in the system yet if you are just getting the car.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Funny enough though every year after tax time the prices of cars drop down most of the time and the prices at the auction are way up right now on used cars.

Michael -

Archived