CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Sprang Another Leak.

Marika

Sorry it cost so much. I wish we had some sort of a monthly pool that would go to whoever had the worst repair.

When you pick it up, and get the work order, can you detail the parts, part numbers, and labor hours required for a complete radiator repair please?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

They replaced the entire radiator, the hoses and the oil lines going to and from the radiator since they were leaking badly as well.

$1,149.11 :blink:

Officially, I'm broke now. Hope this car holds up.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how replacing a radiator should cost that much. Even if it was an OEM radiator it should not cost $700 labor. Am I missing something or did parts costs that much? Did they actually show you the oil lines before they were replaced? I have well over 200K miles on my Eldo and the oil lines are fine. I replaced the radiator and hoses only--It wasn't difficult. I would think it shouldn't take more than 1.5 hours (2 at max) for an experienced mechanic to do the job?

Sorry to be a doubter, but that is a high price. Anyway, I'm glad to see everything is going to be good again. ;)

Testing to see if these links work directly.

Oh!!!, they sure do work!! :blink:

Sorry about the size!

I remember you were selling your old camera. If this is the new one it certainly is *BIGGER*! Hopefully better as well.

Many happier miles! :D

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

They replaced the entire radiator, the hoses and the oil lines going to and from the radiator since they were leaking badly as well.

$1,149.11 :blink:

Officially, I'm broke now. Hope this car holds up.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how replacing a radiator should cost that much. Even if it was an OEM radiator it should not cost $700 labor. Am I missing something or did parts costs that much? Did they actually show you the oil lines before they were replaced? I have well over 200K miles on my Eldo and the oil lines are fine. I replaced the radiator and hoses only--It wasn't difficult. I would think it shouldn't take more than 1.5 hours (2 at max) for an experienced mechanic to do the job?

Sorry to be a doubter, but that is a high price. Anyway, I'm glad to see everything is going to be good again. ;)

If you look at the BIG pic above, you'll see one of those old lines staring at you. Pretty oily ey??? :lol:

Sorry it cost so much. I wish we had some sort of a monthly pool that would go to whoever had the worst repair.

When you pick it up, and get the work order, can you detail the parts, part numbers, and labor hours required for a complete radiator repair please?

Yes, I'll list everything, or maybe I'll scan the bill and post it so everyone can read it themselves. :(

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

I remember you were selling your old camera. If this is the new one it certainly is *BIGGER*! Hopefully better as well.

Many happier miles! :D

Regards,

Warren

Yes, I sold the Minolta A1 and bought a Panasonic/Lumix FZ-30. It was the Leica lens that caught my eye on the Panasonic. For photojournalism I need a lens capable of zooming out to 400mm. This lens can zoom from 35mm to 420mm so it fit the billet perfect.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicfz30/

The Minolta A1 is an excellent camera but for my purposes the zoom was not enough, only going out to 200mm which is still excellent but it doesn't make photojournalism any easier. Cops these days are a bit 'confused' about the laws and the rights that photographers have and as such, they take it upon themselves (erroneously) to chase photographers away from scenes that are of photojournalistic value to the public. While photo editors for newspapers know the cops are wrong for doing this, most will just tell the photographer to get a lens with greater zoom power, and they recommend 400mm or better. The greatest thing about this zoom is that all the zooming takes place internally in the lens, externally it never changes size and of course that german engineered Leica glass makes a world of difference too.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

$1150 to R & R a radiator! Holy prestone Batman. I'm in the wrong buisness.

Yeah me too! I guess that's why they earn the title of stealership. I had to R&R the radiator on my '97 STS when I pulled the engine for the Timesert job - it took me about 30 minutes... Even if the radiator was $200, the job should have only cost $400 - $450. I am so glad I do all my own repairs!

I used to receive a flyer from the dealer that sold me my '93 Fleetwood - one of the rip-offs was a new OEM battery installed for $200! I would do that job all day long for $120 each in profit...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

OK, picked up my old greyhound. I'll tell you, with the brand new radiator she's running much faster.

Totals by catagory:

Labor $530.00

Parts $534.06

Misc $20.00

Tax $65.05

Grand Total $1,149.11

Diagnose cooling system labor $330.00

52493404 Radiator $349.44

Coolent/Flush $44.30

Cooler Lines Leaking labor $200.00

25660319 Cooler Line $77.68

25630622 Cooler Line $61.27

25533913 Gasket $1.37

Noise under car

Road test and lubed multi bushings & Links $0.00

EPA Rip Off $20.00

Tax Man blood transfusion $65.05

Total $1,149.11

Happy Customer: Priceless!!

Looks like the stealership just loves Marika...and wants her back again and again... Diagnosing cooling system... they stared at the crack for 3 hours - $330 lol

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Marika, my memory tells me that you had replaced a few oil cooler lines a while ago, is that right? Glad you got that fixed, but that was a big expense, I also missed my calling, Mike

Pre-1995 - DTC codes OBD1  >>

1996 and newer - DTC codes OBD2 >> https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/gm/obd_codes.htm

How to check for codes Caddyinfo How To Technical Archive >> http://www.caddyinfo.com/wordpress/cadillac-how-to-faq/

Cadillac History & Specifications Year by Year  http://www.motorera.com/cadillac/index.htm

Marika, my memory tells me that you had replaced a few oil cooler lines a while ago, is that right? Glad you got that fixed, but that was a big expense, I also missed my calling, Mike

The 4, transmission cooling lines were replaced, not the oil cooling lines.

Looks like the stealership just loves Marika...and wants her back again and again... Diagnosing cooling system... they stared at the crack for 3 hours - $330 lol

:lol::lol: I told them, the money pit has run dry.

Yeah, but they "Road test and lubed multi bushings & Links" for $0.00. How very very generous of them. That would keep me coming back. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but they "Road test and lubed multi bushings & Links" for $0.00. How very very generous of them. That would keep me coming back. :rolleyes:

You think this is funny huh?? :lol::lol::lol:;)

It would have been funnier still had I did what the other mechanic wanted and rebuilt the engine for $5,500 only to have it overheat again, and the radiator leak, and the oil lines leak. Yes, I spent money and could have spent less, but at least I didn't waste it.

Speaking of which, did you ever go back and let him know that he misdiagnosed (assuming that is what it was), your problem and almost cost you $5K for nothing, or let him know that you are on to his scam, whichever the case may be?

It would have been funnier still had I did what the other mechanic wanted and rebuilt the engine for $5,500 only to have it overheat again, and the radiator leak, and the oil lines leak. Yes, I spent money and could have spent less, but at least I didn't waste it.

Obviously the "other mechanic" had deeper feelings for you. :lol:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Speaking of which, did you ever go back and let him know that he misdiagnosed (assuming that is what it was), your problem and almost cost you $5K for nothing, or let him know that you are on to his scam, whichever the case may be?

I was contemplating letting him know via a summons and complaint through the courts. It's not the first time he's charged me for work that didn't fix the problem. He replaced all sorts of parts on the air conditioning system of this car and it never fixed the leak. Should sue him for the $900 for the total of all the bills I've paid for that. :angry:

Obviously the "other mechanic" had deeper feelings for you. :lol:

Yeah, trying to feel deeper into my pockets. :angry:

"I was contemplating letting him know via a summons and complaint through the courts. It's not the first time he's charged me for work that didn't fix the problem. He replaced all sorts of parts on the air conditioning system of this car and it never fixed the leak. Should sue him for the $900 for the total of all the bills I've paid for that. mad."

Why did you go back?

"I was contemplating letting him know via a summons and complaint through the courts. It's not the first time he's charged me for work that didn't fix the problem. He replaced all sorts of parts on the air conditioning system of this car and it never fixed the leak. Should sue him for the $900 for the total of all the bills I've paid for that. mad."

Why did you go back?

Instead of listening to my intuition, I listened to other people who told me to go back to him so for a total of 3 tries, he still couldn't get the air conditioner to stop leaking. He even wanted to try to fix it a 4th time and I said I would not pay for it. I made him recharge the system only, and when he said he was going to charge me $100 for the recharge I told him I refused to pay it. He recharged it and kept pushing me to let him try to fix it again, but I refused. He's NEVER touching this car, every again. :angry:

Oh here's another data point:

On my previous 1996 STS, at 99,904 miles I had the Radiator end tanks replaced, gaskets, coolant, clean core for $612.84 at Crest Cadillac here in Plano. So your repair including a new $350 radiator for $1100 seems similar in cost really.

Does not make either one a great price, but does suggest that this is what it costs at the Cadillac dealer more or less.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Archived