CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Need self-leveling suspension help

I have 2 wires hanging from the rear of my 96 Deville. These wires are connected to the wiring harness that has the wires for the rear lights. On the end of these two wires are rubber grommet looking things with what seems to be a glass center. I need to know where these connect to? My leveling suspension isn't working and is tripping an RS0036 code. I think it means ground out or open condition. All of my other wires going to the pump look fine. I would really appreciate any help.

It sounds like those wires are the fiber optic cables that transmit light from the brake/tail lights to the monitor located inside above the rear window, the 2 red lights that you can see in the rear view mirror.

Max

All the fiber optic cables do is tranfer light from the taillamp assembly to the rear monitor above the window, no matter how many twists and turns (as long as they are not kinked). There is no moving or electrical parts involved. What I would do is remove the taillamp assembly and you should be able to observe where the cable is supposed to attach to the assembly. Either in the wiring harness or some place where it fits into to.

Max

Archived