CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Winding Road

Lol the new ads are working I guess -- as I mentioned, I keep the "Contirbutor Opt In for Adsense Ads" skin on (see skin selector on the lower left). Today I saw an Ad for Winding Road Magazine on the footer ad space.

Apparently it is a new online magazine. When you subscribe, you get access to an online magazine reader, and a glossy, professionally done magazine. Best of all, the subscription is free. I flipped through issue 9, and it appeared to be very polished.

The home page says they can offer the mag online for free because they don't have the paper publishing cost, so basically the advertising withing the magazine pays the bills. Interesting business model, and fun to see people try new things. And best of all, with text searching you can jump right to any Cadillac mentions (none in this issue, a definite downpoint).

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Lol the new ads are working I guess -- as I mentioned, I keep the "Contirbutor Opt In for Adsense Ads" skin on (see skin selector on the lower left). Today I saw an Ad for Winding Road Magazine on the footer ad space.

Apparently it is a new online magazine. When you subscribe, you get access to an online magazine reader, and a glossy, professionally done magazine. Best of all, the subscription is free. I flipped through issue 9, and it appeared to be very polished.

The home page says they can offer the mag online for free because they don't have the paper publishing cost, so basically the advertising withing the magazine pays the bills. Interesting business model, and fun to see people try new things. And best of all, with text searching you can jump right to any Cadillac mentions (none in this issue, a definite downpoint).

Bruce and all,

I agree that the magazine is well put together and worth a look, especially for free. David E. Davis, formerly of Car and Driver, as many of you already know, has accepted the job as editor.

Jim in Phoenix

Archived