CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

More 2006 STS Thoughts

Spurlee

We received an e-mail from a Cadillac service the girlfriend signed up for - on the way home from Wisconsin they tapped into the car and pulled off the relevant information regarding fluid levels, upcoming scheduled service, tripped codes and whatnot. All this goes into a nice report. In effect, they checked the oil remotely...

One logical flaw has to do with the seat exit/return functioning. I have it set so it glides back when the engine is shut off. When I unlock the car however, it begins to return to it's preset driving position as soon as the door is opened. That means I'm getting into a moving seat with the space growing ever smaller! On the Corvette the seat stays in it's exit position until I'm in and the door is closed - then it returns to a driving position. A small but stupid problem.

I have the car set to talk to me in Italian. It only "hears" in Italian though, so I have to learn the phrases to control the Nav/HVAC/CD/AM/FM/XM, etc.

There are slots for plugging in your Ipod/MP3 player. I'll have to get one.

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

Do you think that the intention is that the seat be in your memory position before you enter the car?

Maybe they were thinking that as soon as you open the door, the car recognizes which driver is about to enter, and resets for that driver.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

My car did that when I first recieved it. I'm not sure how to modify said functions on your GF's car but mine was set to remeber the remote instead of the pass key at start up. "Remote recall" I believe. Turn off "remote recall" and the seat will remain in the "exit" setting untill you insert the key into the ignition. Otherwise it wants to put the seat in your driving position as soon as you unlock the car via your remote instead of leaving in the exit position as you desire. This would be convient for multiple drivers but useless for me as I'm the only person that drives my car. Besides, you would think that the exit setting would be more convienent for either driver and that having the seat move at start-up would be prefered, but whatever. One of those "nice to know you could" type of deals. That said, I'm sure there are even more options on such a fine automobile and I could be totally wrong. Are the convienece functions in the DIC or part of the entartainment system? I'm just as curious as can be, lol?

--Ben

You're right - I had the setting incorrectly set for what I wanted. Now it's fine.

The NAV works great - I took it through downtown Chicago last night and it's very accurate, even through some tricky sections. I'm impressed.

Scott

1996 El Dorado

2006 STS

2000 Corvette

mine use to do that any the steering wheel would move all around to I shut all them off I just dont see the point they'll only wear out sooner. I'm not sure about all this remote business. I turned it off in the dic... Do this mean if you decide to skip town the gov can just pull you up on a sat , but with all the chips in cellphones its too late...

Archived