CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Back Panel

Hey guys, for a while now the back of the caddliac has been looking kind of cheap as this bloody clip has broken off the back panel... (see top right clip and bottom left clip in pictures attached)

I'm wondering now, where would be my best bet of getting a replacement?... or any suggestions as to how to fix the thing so the corner isnt falling off the back of the seat?

Many thanks!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Your best bet is to do what I did when I found that one clip was broken. Find yourself some good Cyanocrilate CA) glue. It's oneo f the best kinds for bonding plastic and stuff. If you still have the broken piece, aplly some to the edge and hold it on there till it dries. Mine hell for almost a whole year until one of my a**hole friends grabbed the back of the seat and boke it again. Now I have to reglue it again. This time I'm gonna add some bracing.

Thanks... I don't have the clip though. Perhaps I'll try and check the city wreckers, if I can't find a decent back panel to replace the whole thing, I can at least get the clip off another one and bond it with the CA to this one, and hopefully that will work.

If anyone else has any other suggestions, feel free to add please :)

If these clips are like the ones on the back of the door panels, GM offers a clip repair kit for those that might be useful here also. You would get it from your dealer parts counter, or one of the online places.

Basically, techs found that the clips on the back of the door panel broke so frequently they needed a way to replace them so GM has a kit for that purpose.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

UGH ,

Those cheap f******* clips ... I need to replace mine as well :( It broke after some work was done on the seat.... At some point Ill just order a new one from the dealer.

Micheal-

I took mine to my bodyshop, and they fixed it for me.

It cost $10.00 for the repair.

Jay

Life is too short to grow up!

Archived