CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Escalades selling like hotcakes

LeftLane News Reports:IPB Image<p>A General Motors spokeswoman said the automaker underestimated demand for high-end and full loaded versions of its new full-size GMT900 family of vehicles, including the new Tahoe, Escalade, and Yukon Denali. GM has seen "much higher volume than what we had anticipated,"the spokeswoman told Ward's Auto. "When we first went out to get orders from dealers, they were coming back with nine times more than what we could build," she said of GMC's 2007 Yukon Denali. Yesterday, we reported that the majority of SUV owners said they'd make the same vehicle choice now as they did when gas prices were lower.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

My local dealers have tons of them on the lot... the same ones... for weeks now!!! My wife drove a new Yukon (2007) for the day as we are looking for a new vehicle for her. She absolutely loved it, even though she had always said they were too big, that changed after she drove it. By the end of the day she called and said it was out as an option... she averaged only 12 MPG and 1/2 the time she was on the X-way! She is about 80% sure she wants a Saturn Vue (redline) due to good MPG, and it's actually pretty fast (Honda pilot engine, 250 HP). We want to pay it off and give it to our daughter for her first car in 4 years. Next years Vue is going to be an Opel... much smaller, no more plastic body panels, and no Honda motor.

The SRX V6 is rated 16 city / 22 highway, which is somewhat better, although the Saturn Vue V6 is rated at 20 city / 28 highway.

At the Saturn store I would be hard pressed not to also pick up a new Sky convertible though, especially after the put in the turbo 4. I was really thinking they would get the Cadillac V6 for that model.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I looked at the "SKY" roadster... nice, but I thought it would be a little tight for 3 people! Plus I would like something AWD for here in Michigan (especially considering it will become my daughters). I wouldn't buy the turbo SKY, I would send it to Mallett Motorsports for an LS2 conversion! I think, after viewing the LS2 install, they should put the 4.8 Chevy V8 in the SKY redline! I don't think GM will let that happen, they weren't too happy about the Grand National being faster than the Vette, so I can imagine their reaction to a Saturn spanking it!

Trust me when I say that the new Yukon's only will get like 13 MPG average.... my wife drives 'em easy. I average 16.9 or so in my STS and she can get it over 20 in only a few days! Something about foot weight and/or size?

Scottshoe, it's all the driving style. I get at least 3-4 mpg better than either my wife or my mother in any vehicle I drive. And I get there in the same time too. It's all about using the gas pedal when you can, not using it when you can't, deliberately easing into it instead of using it like an on/off switch like many drivers around here. I get 20 mpg CITY in my Seville. 30 highway. I've always been easily able to beat the EPA ratings. My dad taught me to drive deliberately, no matter what I'm doing. My mother doesn't quite drive the same (or my wife). :) Following distance is also key. Both my mother and wife drive far closer to the next vehicle than I do. I picked up my driving habits from dad.

This is evidenced by the tachometer. In our Grand Caravan, the torque converter unlocks whenever the gas pedal is released (unlike in the Cadillac). When I'm riding and my wife is driving it, I can see that tach jumping all around. She's never either ON or OFF the throttle...it's back and forth. That really wastes gas, just that slight difference in driving style. I deliberately keep my foot just enough into the gas to keep the converter locked, but not enough to continuously speed up.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

My problem with the MPG is the exhaust.... I love hearing those Dynomax! I am constantly "blipping" the gas pedal to hear the sweet sound the exhaust makes. I will never put performance mufflers on a "driver" again... I can't control my foot (and thus use of extra gas)! B)B)

Archived