CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

http://www.caranddriver.com/carnews/11058/...dillac-bls.html

Car and Driver was nice enough to mention the new European-Cadillac BLS in their June edition.

In Europe Cadillac has made a sedan model to slot below the CTS called the BLS. It was designed based on the Saab 9-3 platform, and is being manufactured in Sweden in the Saab plant.

A front wheel drive four door sedan, it is smaller and somewhat lighter than the CTS. Available engines are a 1.9L diesel, a 2.0L four cylinder, a turbo 2.0L, and the a turbo 2.8L version of the base CTS engine making 255 hp.

Rumors persist that the BLS will come to the US as a new model to slot below the CTS. With the CTS 2.8L base model holding on around US$29K, a BLS base model would need to arrive at US$25K, and the 2.6L turbo model at $32K one would think to make sense versus the CTS line. In the UK, the BLS 2L Turbo sells for 25K pounds, about the same as the base CTS 2.8L, and the 2.6L Turbo is all the way up at 32K pounds. If a 2.6L Turbo BLS in the US costs more than a CTS 3.6L base car, it will be a hard sell performance-wise I would think.

IPB Image

Although, for those of you who really prefer a front wheel drive car, a lighter, more fuel efficient BLS might be just the ticket, especially if the costs come in very competitively. The 2.0L Turbo engine models are somewhat less expensive than the 2.6L V6 Turbo, and still should provide plenty of power.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

"If thoughts of Cimarrons are now dancing in your head, don’t fret. Cadillac product director John Howell has a picture of the Cimarron on his office wall with a caption that reads, “Lest we forget.” "

:lol::lol::lol:

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

"If thoughts of Cimarrons are now dancing in your head, don’t fret. Cadillac product director John Howell has a picture of the Cimarron on his office wall with a caption that reads, “Lest we forget.” "

If I ever win the lottery... The first thing I'm going to do is buy a Cimarron (in the best shape I can find) and then swap in a Northstar... I'll call it the Cimarron-V Series! :lol:

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

If I ever win the lottery... The first thing I'm going to do is buy a Cimarron (in the best shape I can find) and then swap in a Northstar... I'll call it the Cimarron-V Series! :lol:

I can *almost* see it now: http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?f...533292AB744&p=0

Apologies, Bruce.

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

If they could bring the turbo version in at a slightly smaller price point I think it might enjoy some interest.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

Archived