CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Turn Signal Blinking Fast

woody

Burned or corroded sockets, corroded or broken chassis ground connection for starters.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Burned or corroded sockets, corroded or broken chassis ground connection for starters.

Yep, I can't recall anyone reporting anything else, assuming it was one side only that was originally bad.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

I had to replace the rear bulb sockets on my Seville. I understand it's a common problem with 92-97 Sevilles, but I never had issues until recently (last year). I bought four bulb sockets as I recall, and replaced both of the dual filament sockets on each side (in the decklid).

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Thanks for the info I will head out and get a couple this weekend, right after the monsoon stops here in Michigan :lol:

Woody

Well if it had been a 94-94 deville I would have said check the lower rear scokets both the devilles I have in that body just ate them and I dont really know why but I had the have them replaced several times on the 94 esp... And if you pay attention to these devilles on on the road youll see them broke/burnt out

Michael

Well if it had been a 94-94 deville I would have said check the lower rear scokets both the devilles I have in that body just ate them and I dont really know why but I had the have them replaced several times on the 94 esp... And if you pay attention to these devilles on on the road youll see them broke/burnt out

Michael

Michael

[GO TO YOUR GM DEALER AND ORDER PIG TAIL PART NUMBER 15306194, THIS WILL FIT PERFECT IN YOUR CAD. SOCKETS. IT IS A CHEVROLET REPLACEMENT PART BUT FOR SOME REASON IS A BETTER BUILT SOCKET. YOU WILL NEED FOUR. REPLACE ALL FOUR OF YOUR REAR TWO FILAMENT BULBS . THIS WILL SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM . AT CAD. DEALER THEY WILL TRY AND SELL YOU A WHOLE NEW WIRE ASSEMBLY . DO NOT BUY IT , IT IS JUST LIKE THE PIECE OF CRAP THAT CAME WITH THE CAR. THEY SHORT OUT INSIDE THE SOCKET. WHEN YOU PULL THE BULB OUT YOU SHOULD SEE A DARK BROWN PLACE OR TWO DOWN IN THE SOCKET THIS IS WHERE IT IS SHORTING OUT INSIDE THE SOCKET. I HAVE THE BEEN THEIR DONE THAT T SHIRT ON THIS ISSUE. MINE ON MY 96 HAVE NOW BEEN FIXED FOR OVER TWO YEARS. GOOD LUCK.

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered 3 of PN 15306194 and it cured the "fast blink" on the left side. Now, I just have to figure out why the turn signals light up different lights on each side.

I think I'm gonna order 3 more and re-do the right side later this summer.

Archived