CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Can someone check out a Caddy for me (Atlanta area)?

Grebus

It's a Brougham at a dealer in a suburb of Atlanta, and looks good in pictures, but I'm reluctant to buy it sight unseen (I live in Seattle). If anyone in the area would be willing to take a quick look at it, it would be greatly appreciated. Let me know, thanks!

The dealer is not too far from me and I will try to find a 2nd reason to be in the area in the next few days.

Plus, I'm curious about why the dealer would not automatically wholesale or auction off a 15 year old trade-in car. There has to be a reason they kept the car on the lot....

PM a phone number to me where you can be reached from 12:00 to 3:00 PM eastern time.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I have no idea what Greg decided to do about the car ('91 Deville @ 45,000 miles). I looked at it and told him what I saw.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Plus, I'm curious about why the dealer would not automatically wholesale or auction off a 15 year old trade-in car. There has to be a reason they kept the car on the lot....

My guess would be that he came by it cheaply enough and can afford to wait to get his price on a "fine piece of iron" or, at least, a car that *looks* line a "fine piece of iron."

But how do you tell?

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

It's actually a '91 Brougham...my thanks again to JimD for checking it out for me. I haven't made a final decision yet, but am leaning toward passing on it. The shipping would be about $1300, and the info Jim provided showed that there were a few issues with the car--nothing too serious, but enough to make me think twice about shipping it across the country!

Archived