CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

auto repair prices

joeb

now that crude oil is high priced, it seems like motor oil is also rising in price. I usually change it myself since it is one of the few things a home mechanic can do these days. it also gives me a chance to inspect the underside of the car. I saw and ad at a local shop for an oil change for about $15 but than they threw in a $2.50 charge for oil filter recycling charge. and to think I was going to take the old oil filter home with me. maybe they should only charge $5 for the oil change and than add $15 for filter recycling? or how about FREE oil change but $20 oil filter charge? its somewhat annoying to see ala carte pricing for auto repair. just my opinion.

now that crude oil is high priced, it seems like motor oil is also rising in price. I usually change it myself since it is one of the few things a home mechanic can do these days. it also gives me a chance to inspect the underside of the car. I saw and ad at a local shop for an oil change for about $15 but than they threw in a $2.50 charge for oil filter recycling charge. and to think I was going to take the old oil filter home with me. maybe they should only charge $5 for the oil change and than add $15 for filter recycling? or how about FREE oil change but $20 oil filter charge? its somewhat annoying to see ala carte pricing for auto repair. just my opinion.

Annoying isn't it? Unless they offer some superior service or have a good rep, I just quietly avoid places like that.

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived