CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Hello !

nwtnan

Hello everyone !

I'm new to the board, and about to take delivery of an older Caddy, specifically an '81 Fleetwood Brougham hearse. I have searched for specs about this model to no avail, can anyone help me find info about the automobile in terms of dimensions specifically, as we have to arrange transport and storage, and check our garage space for suitability.

I'm looking right now for overall length, what info do I need to have about the actual chassis maker ??

The coach body is by Superior.

[attachmentid=2556]

post-3473-1147545052_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone !

I'm new to the board, and about to take delivery of an older Caddy, specifically an '81 Fleetwood Brougham hearse. I have searched for specs about this model to no avail, can anyone help me find info about the automobile in terms of dimensions specifically, as we have to arrange transport and storage, and check our garage space for suitability.

I'm looking right now for overall length, what info do I need to have about the actual chassis maker ??

[attachmentid=2556]

Did you try edmunds.com?

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Hello everyone !

[attachmentid=2556]

Did you try edmunds.com?

yep...nothing there.

"Wheelbase: 121.4 in. Overall length: 221.0 in. Height: Width: 76.5 in. max. Front Tread: 61.7 in. Rear Tread: 60.7 in. Standard Tires: P215/75R15 SBR wide WSW"

http://www.100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1980/cad81f.htm

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

"Wheelbase: 121.4 in. Overall length: 221.0 in. Height: Width: 76.5 in. max. Front Tread: 61.7 in. Rear Tread: 60.7 in. Standard Tires: P215/75R15 SBR wide WSW"

http://www.100megsfree4.com/cadillac/cad1980/cad81f.htm

Thanks for the link, I had been there but I wasn't sure if those specs applied to the hearse chassis, but it makes sense that they would, when I think about it.

As for shipping/transportation options, any idea of what kind of mileage to expect ? (ie. mpg )

We may have someone drive it to our location, shipping is $$$ but we're checking all our options.

:D

One of the car mags had an article about hearses within the last few months. I think all the hearses were custom bodies so there could be variations in the frame length. Look under the car for evidence of a section added.

Archived