CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2000 Deville crank sensors

PAUL T

My business partner has a 2000 Deville with 96000 miles on it. He bought an extended warranty, at my request when he bought it, up to 100,000 miles. The car recently kept stalling on him so he took it to the dealer and they told him the codes led them to the crank sensors. The car has had numerous problems; new front rotors, new water cooled altenator, engine halves sealed, oil usage problem, etc.. When the Dealer contacted the warranty company about the crank sensors they wanted to send an inspector out to look at it. The Dealers mechanic, that read the codes, cleared them before the inspector got there. So the inspector took it for a drive and could not set any codes, so he said they would not pay for the installation of the crank sensors. This left my partner with having to pay for it himself and fight with the warranty company. The Dealer said they would not cut him a break and charged him $370.00 to change the sensors. Is this high for changing the sensors? He only has 4000 more miles on the warranty, is there anything else he should be having them check?

Sounds like an after market warrenty and there all a joke. you never win with them :( With a warrenty from Cadillac I have never had an issue or heard of one though.

Michael-

Just had both of mine replaced under factory warranty. I don't think the car was on the lift for more than :30 min. Don't know what they would have charged though. Bill simply said n/c.

I changed mine myself... One at a time... If you've done this before and know what you are about to do the whole project is 30 minutes TOPS! The sensors are about $70CAN each... (cheaper online) My dealer's labour rate is $95CAN Which is a total rip off... Your dealer is gouging you at least $100 over and above an already inflated labour rate...Find another local shop that you like and that you trust...

OR

Do this work yourself it is only slightly harder than changing your oil.

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

Archived