CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

It's Official-A Caddy Saved My Life

sfyr

thank goodness for my Seville's traction and braking system!

I was in INCHES of a huge catastrophie on I-90 due to a 60+mph no-look-no-signal-ignoring-horns-lane change.

I was clinging on for dear life seeing the inevitable flash before my eyes, but lo and behold, my car slowed and steadily held on forward to let the absentminded vehicle occupant squeek by.

I'm convinced that any other car I own would have not held it's own like my SLS and would have been a horrible mess (I had double hauler dump trucks directly to my right and another a few ways behind me)

Thanks Caddy. :D

I love hearing things like this ! Im proud of Cadillac and what it stands for! :)

Michael

PS maybe we should start a cadillac saved mylife club like volvo has !

thank goodness for my Seville's traction and braking system!

I was in INCHES of a huge catastrophie on I-90 due to a 60+mph no-look-no-signal-ignoring-horns-lane change.

I was clinging on for dear life seeing the inevitable flash before my eyes, but lo and behold, my car slowed and steadily held on forward to let the absentminded vehicle occupant squeek by.

I'm convinced that any other car I own would have not held it's own like my SLS and would have been a horrible mess (I had double hauler dump trucks directly to my right and another a few ways behind me)

Thanks Caddy. :D

Do you have Stabiitrac?

jim

The '98 SLS does have Stabilitrak.

Charles

That's where the difference is between accident and smile!

I almost totalled and new Deville a few months ago without Stabilitrac...

(It was a rental, and I wasn't thinking, read clowning around...LOL,)

I was used to my STS...

Now I have a '97 Deville without Stabilitrac...Can't wait to get another STS

with Stabilitrac...This thing scares me when I get in too deep!

Enjoy the beauty of electronics...

jim

I wouldn't *ever* want to find myself in that position, and I'm glad you did well. But I'm somewhat pleased to think that my vehicle might help me in that circumstance.

Trained as an engineer, the physics of motion are second nature to me. BIG steel beats small steel most times.

Among my friends, relatives, neighbors etc. are heards of those Civic-like car owners. Happily none of them are Civic-Clown car owners. Yeah . . . . you know.

It's no accident (no pun intended) I've chosen to own a more massive vehicle. One day my very survival might depend on it.

Enjoy your Caddys!

Regards,

Warren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Archived