CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1998 - 2004 Seville handling modification

JimD

Ok I'll bite. I ordered the part today. Will let let you know once its installed along with the new tires. I cannot wait to get my car out of the shop, some touch up on the paint, newer motor mount, OLF, drain & refill rad, plugs & wires, link kit & stab bar bushings, replace drivers side mirror housing and personalization of the Driver 1 message to "HELLO BIG DADDY".

I have neglected my baby long enough so I decided to get everything fixed in one shot.

In August I am travelling down to Denver to visit my Dad when I am there I am going to get the Corsa exhaust installed at the same time.

Cheers.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Any one else know of a good source for these? I had a one backordered from GM Partsdirect but my order was cancelled due to no ETA. :o

****IMPORTANT UPDATE**** of your order number 145666:

Part Number 25653157: Cancelled (cancelled part on backorder no ETA)

I tried my local dealer (West Covina, CA) but the just gave me this strange look and said they didn't have any and wouldn't be getting any soon?

Thanks

I called Brasington to see what they could tell me about possible availability in the future. But there is no way for the dealer level to know when the part might be available. Try ordering again every 30 days.

If a sufficient number of orders bounce in and out of the computers, the parts vendor might have to tool up and make another batch.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Sorry to hear about this. I'm thinking somebody should start looking in the salvage yards for these. We all knew it was going to happen, unfortunately.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

According to the economic theory of supply and demand, a '98 - '04 Seville strut tower brace should command a price of $50?

Higher?

:lol:

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

by the pictures I've seen it seems like it was part of a performance pacakge possibly and Cadillac felt that the towers were close enough to the firewall that the "average" person wouldn't notice the differance in handling.

The Green's Machines

1998 Deville - high mileage, keeps on going, custom cat-back exhaust

2003 Seville - stock low mileage goodness!

2004 Grand Prix GTP CompG - Smaller supercharger pulley, Ported Exhaust Manifolds, Dyno tune, etc

1998 Firebird Formula - 408 LQ9 Stroker motor swap and all sorts of go fast stuff

• 1 year later...

I just wanted to say that I installed one of these today. Ordered via GMPartsdirect.com. I continue to be largely unimpressed with this outfit. This time, they actually DID have the part I ordered, but they sent it with NO box. The FedEx label was just affixed to the brace. Cheap!

But what a difference this bar makes. Not noticed during "normal" driving. But turn the wheel past 10 degrees or so and you REALLY feel it. It almost feels like the steering ratio gets progressively quicker. Just a flick of the steering wheel and the car TURNS, man! This $25 part has totally transformed the handling of this 4200+ lb. car. Feels as planted in corners as my brother's Corvette now, with no further degradation to the ride.

The best $25 I've EVER spent on ANY car.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I just wanted to say that I installed one of these today. Ordered via GMPartsdirect.com. I continue to be largely unimpressed with this outfit. This time, they actually DID have the part I ordered, but they sent it with NO box. The FedEx label was just affixed to the brace. Cheap!
All I can say is - try gmotors.com. Or better than that, call them at Brasington Cadillac-Saab (Gainesville, Florida) parts counter at 352-378-5301 or 800-535-4608. Have your VIN available. You can actually speak with a knowledgable human. GMpartsdirect.com is not primarily a Cadillac dealer/wharehouse.

But what a difference this bar makes. Not noticed during "normal" driving. But turn the wheel past 10 degrees or so and you REALLY feel it. It almost feels like the steering ratio gets progressively quicker. Just a flick of the steering wheel and the car TURNS, man! This $25 part has totally transformed the handling of this 4200+ lb. car. Feels as planted in corners as my brother's Corvette now, with no further degradation to the ride.

The best $25 I've EVER spent on ANY car.

Lots of folks (quietly) agree with your experience. Happy to read your affirmative report.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

Any update on bracing the rear? Anyone have a link to the RSM piece? I agree that a single shock tower brace may not be feasible, but that a series of braces on the rear seat might do the trick, assuming any electrical boxes aren't in the way.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I am also unimpressed with gmpartsdirest.com. It took them two weeks to ship a set of spark plugs... When I ordered the parts to repair the headgaskets on my '97 STS, most of the parts were "Special order" which in gmpartsdirect lingo translates to "Hope you're not in a hurry and you won't be able to return them...". Brasington's had all the parts in stock and the price was slightly less than gmpartsdirect. I had them in three days rather than two to three weeks...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

wanna firm up the ride

ive been all over this

i spoke with wheel 2 wheel as well as a gm tech responsible for the STSi pace cars (known as Catera V on the forum)

the front and rear springs as well as sway bar use on the STSi found their way onto the Pontiac Bonneville GXP 04-05 with the Northstar

heres a link to the thread i posted in the other forum

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/suspe...n-upgrades.html

2703551_4_full.jpg

The Twins

1997 ETC & 2003 STS

Archived