CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

advice on performance upgrades

:unsure: hello i have a '93 STS w/ N*, it currently has stock parts w/ the exception the suspension i purchase. i wanted 2 know what other performance parts r available 4 my car.

Pimpin' In My Black 'Lac

I have looked for these sorta things but the Northstar isnt a engine I really would try to be changing a whole lot on it. Otherwise it could cause you some serious money in repairs later.

Michael-

I have looked for these sorta things but the Northstar isnt a engine I really would try to be changing a whole lot on it. Otherwise it could cause you some serious money in repairs later.

Michael-

so upgrading the intake & exhaust is not recommended?

Pimpin' In My Black 'Lac

A performance exhaust or free-flowing mufflers can help some.

Intake mods have had mixed results; probably the intake is open enough that it is not on the critical path for mods unless you have gotten fairly radical.

Certainly if you trade on a corvette that will help performance immensely, at the expense of rear seat and trunk space.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

A performance exhaust or free-flowing mufflers can help some.

Intake mods have had mixed results; probably the intake is open enough that it is not on the critical path for mods unless you have gotten fairly radical.

Certainly if you trade on a corvette that will help performance immensely, at the expense of rear seat and trunk space.

I couldnt have said it any better ! I did have a cold air induction but I didnt care for it !

Michael

ALSO PER THE CADILLAC DEALERSHIP,

They claim that there is an oil on the K&N Filter that sometimes is causing the Mass Air Flow Sensor to go bad. They have been replacing many. I know the guy that is a tech there and he told me to get rid of it ! However its 2 years old I'm not to worried but people should know about this !

Michael-

Archived