CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1993 Allante

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...=en&cardist=254

Must Be Nice !

Michael

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...=en&cardist=130

I have never seen a Cadillac product with this type of resell !

Theres a Cute red on sitting on 46 on the way home for sale. I'm going to have to check it out. I hadnt a clue they were asking such money on these!

Before 1993 what type of engine did these cars have ?

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_...g=en&cardist=75

The Reatta 25k ? geez I remember when I was a kid and these cars were the cars of the day. My mom always liked the Retta the best. With 5or 6k miles its got to have leaks ?

The earlier Allante used a standard 4.9l engine.

Trim pieces and body panels are huge money, with Italian origins.

Most Allantes go for 7-15k, with lots available with around 80-100k.

93 was the last year of production, better brakes and the 4.6 motor.

93's have the strongest resale numbers ... the cars you linked are

trailer queens with super low miles.

http://66.34.30.72/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

1989 FWD Fleetwood, Silver

1995 STS Crimson Pearl on Black leather

1997 STS Diamond White

1999 STS Crimson Pearl

2001 STS Silver

2003 STS, Crimson Pearl

Those came with aluminum tops along with the soft top. For that kind of money, you should get both tops. I could have had one last year, '93 - blue, 70,000 mi. but I passed, the time just wasn't right. I never rode in one, but sitting in it was kinda' like the interior design of my 1966 Buick Skylark (convertible), squarish, with lots of plastic and fake chrome......not real impressive. The car has quite a history though. The bodies were made in Italy and flown over to the US for final assembly.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Those came with aluminum tops along with the soft top. For that kind of money, you should get both tops. I could have had one last year, '93 - blue, 70,000 mi. but I passed, the time just wasn't right. I never rode in one, but sitting in it was kinda' like the interior design of my 1966 Buick Skylark (convertible), squarish, with lots of plastic and fake chrome......not real impressive. The car has quite a history though. The bodies were made in Italy and flown over to the US for final assembly.

Thats neat ! flown in heh learn something everyday !

Michael-

Yes, flown over in one of the original wide body jets. I'm thinking C5-A, but could be wrong on that. Anyway, that's why some (but not all) have the Pinafarina emblem on the front fender. I know a local dealership that has a NEW, never driven 1993 Allante! It just sits in the showroom.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Yes, flown over in one of the original wide body jets. I'm thinking C5-A, but could be wrong on that. Anyway, that's why some (but not all) have the Pinafarina emblem on the front fender. I know a local dealership that has a NEW, never driven 1993 Allante! It just sits in the showroom.

Thats awsome !

Michael :)

The earlier Allante used a standard 4.9l engine.

Actually, Allante's never had the 4.9L engine. They first had the HT4100 and later got a 4.5L which was somewhat different than the 4.5L in DeVille, Seville, and Eldorado. It produced 200 hp which is the same power output of the 4.9L. The Allante had the 4.5L through 1992 and of course had the Northstar in 1993.

K.O.T.

I beleive that the aircraft was a freighter version of the Boeing 747. They had a couple of aricraft dedicated to this run.

Britt

Britt

• 1 month later...

Archived