CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

DTS Bumper Question(s)

What if you cant find them on ebay ? Ive been looking on there for them on my car and does it wire in easy or what would I have to do ?

Im replacing the lower gril for the one set up with fog lights and buying fog lights ? is that all could I get the light switch for the fog lights ?

The front DTS bumper swap...was by far the most expensive change to the fake DTS.

DTS fog lamp bumpers are very, very hard to find in good shape. Maybe only 15% of factory built cars have the DTS/DHS fogs. Standard Deville bumpers are easy to find.

Found a DTS used bumper on eBay for $50 + $50 shipping...so $100. Bargain!

Had one fog lamp here from a core supplier. Had to buy the other...eBay $100. Dont know why...but the DTS foglamps pull in top dollar on eBay.

Paid $300 to have the bumper and plate cover painted.

So..$500 bucks there..

Then you need to order the foglamp pigtails....none to be found in Nashville (major city?...). I cannot remember the part #s etc.....but mine came in from RockAuto. Maybe $30.

I simply wired mine into the low beam head lamps. The AC/Delco pigtails come with 16-20 inches of harness...so it can be done no problem.

All being said....I was were really happy to find that DTS bumper for $50...

The base Deville DOES NOT have the wiring in place for the foglamps. It is simply not there.

And here is a pic...of the painted bumper with foglamps....about 30 days before the hail damage...Haha..

Bumper survived the hail BTW..

post-2-1146718498.jpg

post-2-1146719314.jpg

The front DTS bumper swap...was by far the most expensive change to the fake DTS.

DTS fog lamp bumpers are very, very hard to find in good shape. Maybe only 15% of factory built cars have the DTS/DHS fogs. Standard Deville bumpers are easy to find.

Found a DTS used bumper on eBay for $50 + $50 shipping...so $100. Bargain!

Had one fog lamp here from a core supplier. Had to buy the other...eBay $100. Dont know why...but the DTS foglamps pull in top dollar on eBay.

Paid $300 to have the bumper and plate cover painted.

So..$500 bucks there..

Then you need to order the foglamp pigtails....none to be found in Nashville (major city?...). I cannot remember the part #s etc.....but mine came in from RockAuto. Maybe $30.

I simply wired mine into the low beam head lamps. The AC/Delco pigtails come with 16-20 inches of harness...so it can be done no problem.

All being said....I was were really happy to find that DTS bumper for $50...

The base Deville DOES NOT have the wiring in place for the foglamps. It is simply not there.

And here is a pic...of the painted bumper with foglamps....about 30 days before the hail damage...Haha..

Bumper survived the hail BTW..

Ah, thanks Logan. My car is almost done in the body shop right now, $900 to fix my scuffed bumper, dented trunk lid, remove the hideous gold pin stripe and paint the side skirts and rear bumper bottom trim. I decided to wait on the front bumper as I do want to get the DTS one. I guess I'll just have to keep checking Ebay or suck it up and get one from the dealer.

Archived